• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Mainlink and chainlink

Skyler

I should Work at Oakley
Premium Member
Are the nose bombs interchangeable?
I have an Asian fit - larger on the chainlink but would like to see how they fit with the mainlink.

I was able to take them off easily from the chainlink but unable or too afraid to try with the mainlink.

I have a pair of Asian Fit Chainlinks and I just ordered Euro Fit pads. It says they are for crosslink, but from what I gather, Mainlink, Chainlink, and Crosslink all have interchangeable nose pads.

I have an Asian fit - larger on the chainlink but would like to see how they fit with the mainlink.

I was able to take them off easily from the chainlink but unable or too afraid to try with the mainlink.
Were there any tools involved in removing the nose pads from your Chainlinks, or were you able to pull them off with your fingers?

Did you figure it out? I just ordered a pair of mainlinks but need the asian pads for the ideal fit. I can manage with the stock pads, but from previous experience, the asian pads work better. When I was in hawaii 2 years ago, I purchased mainlinks and they popped on crosslink asian nose pads and they fit perfectly!

Unfortunately, I cant purchase them from Oakley (makes no sense) and the store in hawaii only provides with sunglass purchase, so if there is a better place on the east coast or an aftermarket company that produces good quality pads, Please let me know.

Latest Posts

Back