• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Mars Orbital Clips - A Total Mystery

Matt , if you have a tiny tiny flathead , like the ones used for watches , use that. Put a single piece of scotch tape on the blade of the screwdriver. Don't use a razor blade as they will break. Just insert the screwdriver tip between the tabs a little at a time and wiggle side to side. The clip will start to open. Should be pretty easy from there on out.
Glad you are doing your own work. Its nerve wrecking but just stay cool. You got this man !

There might be a set of reverse snap ring pliers that could work for this. I just haven't looked for a pair. If I worked on mars a lot or owned a ton of them, I would probably modify a pair to do this exact task. @zwc0442 @SouLFuLFroG @Bonz-1 @Lopaka KaMars How do you guys handle these clips ?

Also please note that the "prongs" on the orbitals are not round but somewhat oval on one side. There is a round-er side and an oval-er side. Grab the glasses with one hand to compress the orbital together, using hemostats (hopefully without resin) or needlenose pliers slide a clip over the narrow side (open the clip somewhat if necessary), and rotate the clip 90 degrees and release the orbital allowing the orbital to expand and then the clip is kept in place by tension and won't pop off. Use needlenose to compress the clip if necessary/desired.

Latest Posts

Back