• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Microchip on oakleys????

With all the fakes out there maybe it helps Luxottica customer service w defective return... This way they can pop an icon off to make sure they are genuine before issuing credit or replacement? That's my guess. Weird! I didn't know that!

Yep, you got it. It’s part of a program Lux started a couple years ago on Oakley and Ray-ban for counterfeit monitoring and deterance.

From the Lux website....
In this context, Luxottica has developed GLOW (Guaranteed Luxottica Origin Worldwide), an innovative traceability system based on RFID technology which allows to verify the authenticity of the products as well as suitability of resellers through a sensor (RFID TAG) embedded in the frame. The device contains key information to identify unambiguously each pair of glasses, from production to sales destination. It is passive (emits no radio waves) so it is safe for health and does not record personal data but only delivers information about the products.

Our way to protect brands and customers

Last edited:
Yep, you got it. It’s part of a program Lux started a couple years ago on Oakley and Ray-ban for counterfeit monitoring and deterance.

From the Lux website....
In this context, Luxottica has developed GLOW (Guaranteed Luxottica Origin Worldwide), an innovative traceability system based on RFID technology which allows to verify the authenticity of the products as well as suitability of resellers through a sensor (RFID TAG) embedded in the frame. The device contains key information to identify unambiguously each pair of glasses, from production to sales destination. It is passive (emits no radio waves) so it is safe for health and does not record personal data but only delivers information about the products.

Our way to protect brands and customers
Nope, don't want that. Oh well.

No thanks ! I will just stay with the old Oakley models

don't need this:

giphy.gif

Back