• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Minute Machine Battery Swap

Put a small drop of pb blaster on it ever day for a few days. A very small drop. Then ever so slightly turn the screw clockwise, tighter. Then try to back it out. If you get the screw to turn either direction it will help break it free and get the pb blaster to work farther down the threads.

*disclaimer* I have never done this on a watch. Rusted up bolts on a jeep, hundreds of times. But screws are screws.

Put a small drop of pb blaster on it ever day for a few days. A very small drop. Then ever so slightly turn the screw clockwise, tighter. Then try to back it out. If you get the screw to turn either direction it will help break it free and get the pb blaster to work farther down the threads.

*disclaimer* I have never done this on a watch. Rusted up bolts on a jeep, hundreds of times. But screws are screws.

Good advice. I'll have to get some and try...just afraid as **** to strip the screw head further

Thoughts on where?
I'm not sure. I've taken plenty of stripped screws out of x metals but nothing as small as a case screw of an mm. Maybe there's some watch people on here? I've taken many mm apart but have never had this happen so I've not had any experience trying to remove a stuck case screw.

Back