• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Minute Machine Battery Swap

The task of battery swap is simple. The devil is with the gasket seal. Professional battery swaps always do pressure test to ensure the watch meets factory specs on water resistance. I wouldn't worry about DIY battery swapped watches worn in the rain, but i'd be cautious taking them for a dive at the beach...

I've not had one be stuck ever. They usually come out quite easily. Possibly put a drop of pb blaster or something similar on the head and let it soak for a couple days hopefully it will seep down into the threads and loosen up anything that is causing it to be stuck.

I've not had one be stuck ever. They usually come out quite easily. Possibly put a drop of pb blaster or something similar on the head and let it soak for a couple days hopefully it will seep down into the threads and loosen up anything that is causing it to be stuck.

Definitely stuck and the Wera driver is starting to strip the head a bit. I'm afraid to move forward....help?!???

Will PB blaster cause issues if it were to drip into the movement?

Last edited:
Definitely stuck and the Wera driver is starting to strip the head a bit. I'm afraid to move forward....help?!???

Will PB blaster cause issues if it were to drip into the movement?
Just put a drop on the top of the head and let is seep into the threads. As long as your not submerging the case in it shouldn't be an issue.

Just put a drop on the top of the head and let is seep into the threads. As long as your not submerging the case in it shouldn't be an issue.

What about the fact the head is starting to strip?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What about the fact the head is starting to strip?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
On that check some other slotted drivers. Perhaps something slightly bigger that would fit more snugly. Use a decent amount of downward pressure as well when trying to loosen the screw so it's less likely to ramp up and out of the slot. Or if you don't feel comfortable to try to remove it any further don't attempt to take the screw out anymore.

Latest Posts

Back