• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

My custom stuff (lens etching, 3d printing and vinyl)

What are your laser setting at? I've got a Trotec Speedy 300, but afraid of destroying lenses haha. I don't have much spare :(. By the way, love the 3D printed stands. I've always wanted to CNC one of the smaller ones out of metal, but never got the time. Nice job!
The settings vary depending on the lens type and color and the image itself. It just took a lot of trial and error.

I didn't design the older stands, another member did, I just modified them. The newer ones I modeled from the ground up. My dad is looking harder and harder at CNC milling. If I can get him to build a workshop soon he'll probably get one. It's ******* on then lol

Nice! I'm fortunate enough to have access to ones in my shop. I teach machining, woods, robotics and drafting. They are definitely a lot of fun to use once you get the hang of them. Best of luck with your projects! They look great.

Nice! I'm fortunate enough to have access to ones in my shop. I teach machining, woods, robotics and drafting. They are definitely a lot of fun to use once you get the hang of them. Best of luck with your projects! They look great.
Thanks man, and to you as well.

If you want to try some lenses, start off with a low burn time and work your way up. Different colors take different amounts of time.

This weekend is my daughter's third birthday. So for the party my wife made us all shirts. She just looooves to make shirts.

Paw paw got a Jupiter.
IMG_5211.JPG

She knew damn well what to put on mine lol
IMG_5210.JPG

You do some killer stuff with those machines man. I can't wait to order some stuff from you. What do you usually charge for etching

You do some killer stuff with those machines man. I can't wait to order some stuff from you. What do you usually charge for etching
Thanks man it's a lot of work to keep it all running.

They're $20 unless it's really complicated.

Ya I bet!ill definitely be in touch about the etching that's not a bad price. Now I have a couple sets of TLD glasses if I scratch lenses could you do that same etching to restore them?

I'd have to see the design first but maybe. It wouldn't be an exact replica though. I'd make it a bit different so nobody could get it confused.

Ok I'll talk to you more about another one I want done soon. I'm having v2 do a custom set of gascans for me soon and would like to get lenses etched too.