• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

My Extremely Humble Collection

Tough to better your previous display effort, but you did!
Still clean and simple.
Love that Thick A shelf.
:whistle:

I am in the midst of a major display upgrade/reorganization. I started by removing everything in my Mega Tower, vacuuming inside and out (on top too, surprisingly not that dusty). I polished all of the plexiglas with the NOVUS system. If you're not familiar with NOVUS, and you have plexiglas you're trying to beautify/maintain, you need to get with the program...

NOVUS on Amazon

Over the next couple weeks, I will post update pics as I reassemble and reorganize my display. I have all new stands, which enable me to add 16 additional pairs. I may also add some extra pairs, simply resting on Oakley microfiber pouches. Here I am at ground zero. The case looks really nice for being so old; the plexiglas is in pretty nice shape. When I move (hopefully this year), I plan on polishing the aluminum for a new look.

2021DisplayCaseCleanReorganize1.jpg

I'm working from the "ground floor, up." On the first shelf, I now have expanded my Spice and Triggerman collections. Here are pics in the case. Thanks to @qtrain23 for the really nice stands! Q's stands are solid, stable, and all of the glasses sit STRAIGHT! If you look at pics of glasses on Oakley 2, 3, and 4-tier stands, you will occasionally see crooked glasses. I believe that is a product of their design. Q designed his stands with a "double spine" structure, which keeps all of the glasses sitting straight. I chose his light silver printing material, because I was hoping for the stands to blend in with my Mega Tower, and let the glasses do the talkin'!

spliceandtriggermansmall.jpg
spliceincasesmall.jpg
triggermanincasesmall.jpg

The Mega Tower is a great place to display glasses, but it's not a great place to photograph them. Here are some better shots using my technique that I use for my eBay listings.

splicewithlogosmall.jpg
triggermanwithlogosmall.jpg

Nice. Would have gotten an awesome rating had I seen but one Mars in there somewhere. Lol.

Just kidding. I'm just jealous because I don't have any Oakley display cases.
I haven’t made it to the X-Metal shelf yet, so you never know what’s going to show up. Spoiler: I have new X-Metals, but no Mars :(

I'm working from the "ground floor, up." On the first shelf, I now have expanded my Spice and Triggerman collections. Here are pics in the case. Thanks to @qtrain23 for the really nice stands! Q's stands are solid, stable, and all of the glasses sit STRAIGHT! If you look at pics of glasses on Oakley 2, 3, and 4-tier stands, you will occasionally see crooked glasses. I believe that is a product of their design. Q designed his stands with a "double spine" structure, which keeps all of the glasses sitting straight. I chose his light silver printing material, because I was hoping for the stands to blend in with my Mega Tower, and let the glasses do the talkin'!

View attachment 833048View attachment 833049View attachment 833050

The Mega Tower is a great place to display glasses, but it's not a great place to photograph them. Here are some better shots using my technique that I use for my eBay listings.

View attachment 833051View attachment 833052
Great photos!
I do dig those stands!

I agree, I collect sneakers too, but I always wear them. Some people say that Ruins them. But why else spend money on them if I'm not actually going to use.
I collect sneakers as well. I wear all of my shoes. When I was in my 30's, I collected Jordans aggressively. Every time a Jordan released that I wanted, I bought 2 pairs, one for wearing and one for collecting. After years of this, and my family laughing at me, calling me a shoe hoarder (which was true, just not a very positive way of explaining it), I sold 100 unworn pairs to an independent store in South Philly. They showed up in a van, and we examined every pair together. They handed me enough cash to pay off my Corvette, and then I never heard another derogatory remark about my shoe collecting. Now, I only collect pairs I want to wear.

IMG_6955.JPG

Latest Posts

Back