• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

My Extremely Humble Collection

I've been working on the 2nd and 3rd shelf of my Mega Tower. Here is a shot of what I finished on the "2nd Floor" :cool:

gascansandscarsmall.jpg

Here are some nicer pics, for fun.

gascanswithlogosmall.jpg
scarwithlogosmall.jpg

I've "completed" the third shelf of my Mega Tower. This used to take up 2 shelves, now I can neatly display them all on one shelf!

Here is the Hatchets and Square Wire 2.0s [new custom-traced lenses for the silver Square Wire 2.0 by Fuse Lenses in FL].

hatchetsquarewire20intowersmall.jpg

Here is a shot of the whole "Wire" shelf.

allwiresintowersmall.jpg

Here are fancy pics of the Hatchets and Square Wire 2.0s

hatchetwithlogosmall.jpg

squarewire20withlogosmall.jpg

I've been wearing and collecting Oakleys since the introduction of Blades, over 3 decades ago. Remember the "Slit Lens"? I had regular, Razor, and Slit Lens models. A fast funny story was that when I was in college, back in the 90's, my car was stolen. Joyriders took my car, smashed it, and riffled through the contents of my car. They took speakers, and Ray Bans, but left my school books, tennis equipment, AND my favorite pair of Oakley Blades, in the case... they were unscathed! Whew!

Anyway, the last 10 years I've been selling more than I've been collecting... but always wearing and appreciating. Other than a new (to me) Crankcase watch and a pair of SI M Frames I wear to ride, these are my Oakley glasses.

Top to bottom, left to right, we have Juliet, Penny, Mag Switch (2), Mag Four S (2), A Wire Thick (4), Hatchet (2), Square Wire 2.0 (2).

They are in an old Oakley case (which one)? I'd love to polish the outside of the case someday. The plexiglass is in beautiful condition. I got it at Trump International Golf Course, in NJ... they were so happy to get rid of it (haha).

View attachment 774839
Beautiful!

I've made more progress in revamping the display inside my Mega Tower. Here is the second shelf (from the bottom) completed. On this shelf, I have a nice variety of some of my favorite Oakley models.

gascansscarmonsterpupsliverstealthsmall.jpg

Check out the two middle pairs on this stand, the Monster Pup and the matte clear Sliver Stealth below it. Look how similar the lenses are. The Sliver Stealth has OEM Prizm Sapphire lenses, while the Monster Pup has Saucer Polarized Glacier lenses. Saucer lenses are high quality 1.8mm polycarbonate lenses. Their optics are great for me; I recently wore them all day in comfort.

monsterpupsliverstealth2small.jpg
monsterpupsliverstealthsmall.jpg

Here are some fancier pics of the glasses.

gascanswithlogosmall.jpg
scarwithlogosmall.jpg
monsterpupwithiconlogosmall.jpg
sliverstealthwithiconlogosmall.jpg

Finally, I got some really nice watch stands from @qtrain23 to hold my Oakley watches. I'm not sure where the watches will fit in the Mega Tower, but right now they are slated for the fourth shelf (second from the top).

watches.jpg
watches2.jpg

Back