• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

My first custom

Really great job. Never a doubt with you buddy. Your great at every thing else you do here.
Thanks man. I appreciate that. I think this paint is really forgiving lol I wish I had half your talent!

You did another nice one. Spray a little bit of your paint into something like a bottle cap cap and let it sit for awhile. It'll thicken up so you can touch up the chips easy. I use a match cut to point if I don't have a small enough brush.

Man my wife suggested the same thing with a toothpick. I looked at her like she was crazy. I guess I’ll go eat crow now. Thanks man!

Very nice indeed.

Makes me feel a little dumb

Airbrush/paint/cleaners/misc....etc

I’m a couple of Franklins in and you pull out a $2 can and get something that nice....sheesh man.

Awesome
Lmao thanks dude. I did prep them though. Got my wife’s nail buffers and scuffed them up a bit. Those are like .50 each so I’m at $3 total!

Fives came out nice too.

I’m not a paint expert, or even close, but I’ve read that most paint will take time to cure. The surface will dry but under the surface will take time. Could be why yours chipped.

I waited over a week for the Fives I did to dry/cure.

I did a set of icons, let sat for a few days and in the process of putting them in easily pulled some paint off. Then proceeded to scratch all the paint off with my finger nail.

So now I’m back to a 1 week wait before I do anything after painting it

I’m almost positive its the paint. The stuff is very forgiving and dries super fast. I’m gonna touch it up like Rick said and get a new color today.

Latest Posts

Back