• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

My MidLife Crisis

• Thread starter Deleted member 24326
  • Start date
How did you find the statue of the Mad Scientist? Always wanted one of those

A guy I bought a couple pair of glasses from along with my Bob offered it to me. He’s raising cash for a business. This was simply a matter of right time/right place. I didn’t even know they existed until he offered to me.

There are exceedingly few benefits to never having been married or having kids... the only benefit really is disposable income. My house is paid for. I’m debt free. I’m alone. Sad, but it allows for toys

I will take the wife and kids anyway. But if that’s what makes you happy go for it

It wasn’t a deliberate choice i made. I’d MUCH rather have a wife/family, but it just wasn’t in the cards. I wouldn’t recommend this life to anyone, but I’ll be damned if I’m not gonna try to find something good in the dark.

Got my R2’s today! I actually love these... by which I mean these will likely be ones that actually get used often. These fit my face/head pretty well. The R1’s never fit me comfortably enough.

image.jpg

There are exceedingly few benefits to never having been married or having kids... the only benefit really is disposable income. My house is paid for. I’m debt free. I’m alone. Sad, but it allows for toys

Fuark that sir.. go buy a wife and some kids and force them to be nice and get along and do whatever you want them to do otherwise dump their asses......

Haha just playing.....

Sortve...

My take on things as well. There's very few reasons for a guy to marry (unless he wants kids). My generation is going to make the 50% divorce rate look fantastic!

Congratulations on the 720s! That car is ridiculous and a bargain (if one can call it that) due to the cars it can compete with.

My take on things as well. There's very few reasons for a guy to marry (unless he wants kids). My generation is going to make the 50% divorce rate look fantastic!

Congratulations on the 720s! That car is ridiculous and a bargain (if one can call it that) due to the cars it can compete with.

Yeah my opinion on marriage goes with a quote “marriage was created by those who were lucky to make it to twenty without getting eaten by dinosaurs. “Forever” has gotten a lot longer.” Modern marriage should be say a 10yr contract with spelled out details on what happens when it expires along with options for a renewal. It’s not very romantic, but neither is an extremely high divorce rate.

The car choice was hard right up until I began looking at the 720S. I was absolutely sold on the Ferrari 488GTB. While I loved the McLaren, I loved the romance and history of Ferrari and I love the looks of the 488. I know many do not. The McLaren IMO lacked the soul of a Ferrari. It lacked an intangible passion. However, with the 720S, I believe they’ve found it and have truly discovered themselves. It’s just beautiful and the numbers are insane... and as you pointed out, a crazy good deal all things considered.

Yeah my opinion on marriage goes with a quote “marriage was created by those who were lucky to make it to twenty without getting eaten by dinosaurs. “Forever” has gotten a lot longer.” Modern marriage should be say a 10yr contract with spelled out details on what happens when it expires along with options for a renewal. It’s not very romantic, but neither is an extremely high divorce rate.

The car choice was hard right up until I began looking at the 720S. I was absolutely sold on the Ferrari 488GTB. While I loved the McLaren, I loved the romance and history of Ferrari and I love the looks of the 488. I know many do not. The McLaren IMO lacked the soul of a Ferrari. It lacked an intangible passion. However, with the 720S, I believe they’ve found it and have truly discovered themselves. It’s just beautiful and the numbers are insane... and as you pointed out, a crazy good deal all things considered.

The other thing is 488GTB is the slowest of the group & Ferrari treats people like **** when they want to buy the latest model year car.

Back