• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Need a replacement for my Oakley Tapers

bek

Oakley Beginner
Hello, guys.

About 7 years ago, I bought my Oakley Taper sunglasses. They were absolutely the best sunglasses I have ever owned. They seem to have disappeared recently, and I need a replacement. I have a large head and the Taper was perfect for me. Does anyone know if Oakley sells something very similar to the Taper these days, since in appearance and size? I saw the Whisker, but someone complained it was small, so I doubt it would work for my big head.

Man, I am going to miss those glasses.

Hi, and welcome!
Once you’ve become eligible to use the Exchange, you may find a Taper (or something else that strikes your fancy) there.

Hi, and welcome!
Once you’ve become eligible to use the Exchange, you may find a Taper (or something else that strikes your fancy) there.

Thanks. I actually have a lot of options to buy. I was just wondering if Oakley sells something similar these days, in terms of size and style? I saw the Whiskers, but have read they run small (Tapers did not). I am waaay out in the country, nowhere near any sunglass store, so I'll probably have to order without wearing them first.

Oakley has free returns, so you can buy a bunch of different ones, try them on, and return the ones you don’t want!

Hello, guys.

About 7 years ago, I bought my Oakley Taper sunglasses. They were absolutely the best sunglasses I have ever owned. They seem to have disappeared recently, and I need a replacement. I have a large head and the Taper was perfect for me. Does anyone know if Oakley sells something very similar to the Taper these days, since in appearance and size? I saw the Whisker, but someone complained it was small, so I doubt it would work for my big head.

Man, I am going to miss those glasses.

I think I have a taper I would be willing to sell if you’re interested.

Yeah, can you share a picture and how much you'd like for them? Maybe best as a private message?

You won’t be able to respond to a pm until you meet the exchange requirements anyway. It’s either a taper or tightrope. I’m not home at the moment to check.

I also had a taper and loved the cement/OO BIP colorway!

The closest thing you will find is the square wire, they are extremely similar just the lens shape is different. The whisker recently came out/re-released and is nice too- very similar to the taper style.

I also had a taper and loved the cement/OO BIP colorway!

The closest thing you will find is the square wire, they are extremely similar just the lens shape is different. The whisker recently came out/re-released and is nice too- very similar to the taper style.

I saw both and liked them both. Really liked the Whisker. Do you know if it's smaller in size? I got a big face. :)

Latest Posts

Back