• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Need advice: Which is more rare..Penny or X-Squared?

IMO, if your any sort of 'Collector', then don't sell the Penny. If your gonna wear em, just have the pair that you prefer on your face.

A really nice mint Xs with deep ruby is worth the trade IMO. Penny are more of a collectors piece were the Xs you could wear and later display:)

I find that more folks collect the Pennys and wear the X Squareds

I am not saying that folks do not wear Penny's, just that they seem to be more collectible, original/matched pairs - and folks looking for the X Squared are looking to wear them, frames only seem to be almost as desirable as the boxed. That could also have something to do with the serialization of most Penny's vs the lack of with an X Squared?

Personally I believe the Penny is far more collectible. all things being equal, frame for frame or boxed pair for boxed pair I would likely go with the Penny just about every time.

:whistle:

Agree with this.

Keep the Penny if you are a collector and the X Squared if you're a guy who likes to wear his Oakley's.

I personally would take the X, but I wear my Oakley's.

Back