• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Need help finding out if these are authenticate Penny's

Legit?

• Hells Yeah

Votes: 9 90.0%
  • Them be fakes yo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have no idea

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters

Octopilion

Oakley Beginner
Hello Everyone new to the Forum and had a few questions about a pair of penny's i bought a while back
I bought it from the same guy that sold me my Juliet's and i know the Juliet's are as i confirmed the s/n.

These Penny's did not come with one. Guy also sold them to me without socks or nose pieces which i bought replacements for. He told me his wife used them a few times and then ended up losing the nose pieces through some accident or something. I'm pretty sure something broke and they sent it back to be fixed and it never fit as good but this is just speculations.

I've heard people say that they had sent these out for tune ups/repairs and got the new pair without a s/n wondering if that's something common.

Heres some pics if you check one of the side where the ear piece is it doesn't seem to fit perfectly flush anymore which is why i think they ended up going out for repairs.

IMG_20170218_004538.jpg
IMG_20170218_004552.jpg
IMG_20170218_004612.jpg
IMG_20170218_004634.jpg

I just want to make sure as I've seen quite a few with serials on there Penny's.
The main reason i'm asking is i plan to sell these later on and would not like to jip someone by saying they're authentic

They look legit to me but at some point that left ear stem got wrenched on and bent the orbital stem part pretty severely.

I'm not sure if i should attempt to fix that or not it feels like some gentle force might be able to fix it but last thing i need is for the piece to snap.

Legit. As stated, that left orbital where the ear stem fits in, is slightly off.

It looks genuine.

Is it possible that the left arm could be a replacement arm factory OEM which might explain the lack of serial number/issue on the left hand side? Does the left arm look newer than the right in terms of wear?

Back