• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Need Left Arm Or At Least The Hinges For X-Metal Half Jacket X (12-945)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shdwknt

Oakley Beginner
I purchased my X-Metals a few years ago in Chicago -- Paid $450 + tax.. LOVE them.. just last week the left arm FELL off.. Had them on my head.. was wearing them fine, took them off and they fell apart.

The hinge on the inside of the left arm seems to have broken. looking at it.. the arm is fine -- attached are photos of the piece that broke. I'm willing to buy a full left arm - or just the parts needed to replace.. can anyone assist/know where I can get these pieces.. by far out of all my Oakleys (full jacket, half jacket, ducatti, Razr, O Rocker Pro, Juliet Precriptions) my X-Metal Half Jackets are my favorite pair.

Any help would be appreicated - - I dont look forward in spending 2-300 for a full pair of glasses when I just need 1 part to fix them.

Thanks in advance!

imgur: the simple image sharer
imgur: the simple image sharer

rick at rickstoyroom dot com

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd say give Oakley a call directly. They might still have the stems or hinges lying around and can sell you one.

I'd say give Oakley a call directly. They might still have the stems or hinges lying around and can sell you one.

Already tried - only thing they did was offer me 25% off my next pair of Oak's :( quite upset actually.

Mine did the same thing, only for mine it was the right arm. Oakley Canada told me the same thing, essentially I have to purchase a new pair and trash XMetals. Pretty crummy customer service, if for want of a $0.10 part, you have to throw away a $400 pair of sunglasses! Did you have any luck with yours?

Im in the same boat with needing a left hinge for them. :( wish I was a machine shop lol.

This weekend im gonna try to duplicate a hinge with some carbon steel. Not sure if ill be able to figure the spring part though. But gotta try something, sucks to waste a pair or glasses for a stupid little part. :(

You can buy a pair of new Half X sunglasses between US$150 to $200 from eBay. You can keep the lens of damaged sunglasses of sell them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back