• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Need Your Advice Guys and Gals

ChaseBorgstrom

I should Work at Oakley
Peg City, Canada
Hey guys and gals.....I need some advice! I'm looking to get some new frames and your suggestions would definitely be appreciated! I absolutely love the Holbrooks and I probably wear my Flak Jacket XLJ's at least once everyday so I'd like to know if you have some suggestions for me on my next pair, I'd like to switch it up this time and try out a new frame!

Hey guys and gals.....I need some advice! I'm looking to get some new frames and your suggestions would definitely be appreciated! I absolutely love the Holbrooks and I probably wear my Flak Jacket XLJ's at least once everyday so I'd like to know if you have some suggestions for me on my next pair, I'd like to switch it up this time and try out a new frame!
DiscoDave is huge on the Flak2.0
There's always the Badman ;)

What activities will you be doing with them on?
And what styles would you lean towards?

This will help in our advice to you

Activities will include: driving, golf, walking the dog, and a lot of outdoor sitting on the deck with a beer in hand! I wear my Flak's for work whenever I'm working outside if that helps at all as well.

I'm assuming you mean new to you and not new from Oakley.

Might be a good time to try a X-metal frame. Medium face; Juliet, larger face; X-metal XX. They are very different to what you have and the frames are very durable. It is normally a lot easier to find lenses for the Juliet if you want to have spares.

I like Radars and Half Jackets, but since you have Flaks that base is covered.

Get a shield lens: batwolf or oil rig with a nice iridium color.

Prizm trail is really something else. I just got racing jacket because all the other sports frames pinch the back of my head.

The effect of Prizm trail when its cold and gloomy outside is drastic. It makes it look as if its a sunny day. I can wear it when there's barely any light and the world looks brighter. I especially enjoy how the red stands out when looking at flowers, etc. The stop signs on the road really pop out. Its definitely my favorite Prizm lens just for the otherworldly effect, can be used for more than just cycling.

Back