• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New "Medusa" aka "Future Genesis" coming tomorrow?

Ah well…I could handle some radioactive green glowing icons! ☢️

Now that I think of it…that would look seriously cool on a rust decay. Hey @Bonz-1! 😉
So the green is not green it’s blue and it’s Cherenkov radiation and is a form of energy that is perceive as a blue glow NOT GREEN like everyone thinks, emitted when the electrically charged particles that compose atoms (i.e. electrons and protons) are moving at speeds faster than that of light in a specific medium, usually water or heavy water.
Personal visit to McClellan Nuclear Research Center operated by UC Davis
1710355198695.jpeg

Last edited:
So the green is not green it’s blue and it’s Cherenkov radiation and is a form of energy that is perceive as a blue glow NOT GREEN like everyone thinks, emitted when the electrically charged particles that compose atoms (i.e. electrons and protons) are moving at speeds faster than that of light in a specific medium, usually water or heavy water.
View attachment 1124609

Cool 😎

I probably used to know that back in the day 🪖👍

View attachment 1124609
I think most people just understand all radiation to glow as tritium watch hands and gun sights glow for example.

Back