• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Newbie with a few "Plastic" Oakleys and my coveted X-Metal XX's.

Welcome.

Educate yourself about terminology. It’s O Matter.

Some of us prefer it to the vastly overrated metal.
Yeah, Understood, That is why I put the word plastic in "Quotes" . I had not found a "terminology" or FAQ page on the site to 'educate myself', but I did, subsequently, find the Boss's article on O Matter. As I said, I own several pairs of 'O Matter' Oakley's as well, and quite enjoy those too. I am simply here to fix up my X-Metal XX's, not get fully educated on the ins & outs of Oakley's, but thanks for the heads up, I wouldn't want to offend anyone.

Continuing my education, apparently I do not have sufficient permissions to post a response to For Sale - XX OEM Black Iridium until I have additional posts to raise me to a level beyond a newbie, so I apologize in advance for any superfluous posts as I "educate" the bots, that I simply want to purchase my desired lenses. Continuing my education & journey :p

Continuing my education, apparently I do not have sufficient permissions to post a response to For Sale - XX OEM Black Iridium until I have additional posts to raise me to a level beyond a newbie, so I apologize in advance for any superfluous posts as I "educate" the bots, that I simply want to purchase my desired lenses. Continuing my education & journey :p
Not to the Point of Spamming, of course, I did read the forum rules when signing up :D

Aloha and welcome to the Forum. :welcome:

Plenty guys here that can fix up your pair, if that's what you're looking for. Which ones depends on where you live. 🤙

View attachment 854308
Thank you! I live in the White Mountains of NH, Ski, snowmobile, hike, etc. Who would YOU recommend for Oakley lens replacements for my X-Metal XX's ?
When you say "refurbish", do you mean tightening ??

because I wouldn't (or anyone else for that matter) re-coat an existing TiO2, just FYI 👍🏼
Who are the other recommended suppliers for Oakley "rubbers" close to the originals for the X-Metal XX, I see Linegear, but they are all the way in Japan, and I'm in NH, with current shipping delays from the far east, the summer might be over, before I'd get them.

Yeah, Understood, That is why I put the word plastic in "Quotes" . I had not found a "terminology" or FAQ page on the site to 'educate myself', but I did, subsequently, find the Boss's article on O Matter. As I said, I own several pairs of 'O Matter' Oakley's as well, and quite enjoy those too. I am simply here to fix up my X-Metal XX's, not get fully educated on the ins & outs of Oakley's, but thanks for the heads up, I wouldn't want to offend anyone.
They're plastic, man

lol

Thank you! I live in the White Mountains of NH, Ski, snowmobile, hike, etc. Who would YOU recommend for Oakley lens replacements for my X-Metal XX's ?

Who are the other recommended suppliers for Oakley "rubbers" close to the originals for the X-Metal XX, I see Linegear, but they are all the way in Japan, and I'm in NH, with current shipping delays from the far east, the summer might be over, before I'd get them.
So true about the shipping. But there are decent companies right here in the states. But like @Tidezealot said up above, you can get OEM custom cut lenses. Some are already cut ready to install, and sold by several members here. To me lenses are a subjective matter. Die hard Oakley collectors will tell you to stick with only Oakley stuff. Guys like me will tell you to go with what your gut tells you. You're the one wearing the pair.

Welcome.

Educate yourself about terminology. It’s O Matter.

Some of us prefer it to the vastly overrated metal.

My O Matter history has been fraught with challenges as well. My first pair of Custom Turbines was stolen, loved those with custom subdued flag icons, etc. My 2nd pair of Turbines with Prizm Jade got grabbed by my puppy and chewed, frame, one arm & both lenses. I assume these could be fixed as well?

Turbine arm.jpg
chewed.jpg

I also have a new pair of Turbine's with Prizm Black Polarized & new Flight Deck XM Goggles with Jade Prizm Lenses. Love em both. Wear the Turbine's daily.
Oakleys.jpg

So I am fairly familiar with Oakley O matter products :cool-20:

Oakleys.jpg

My O Matter history has been fraught with challenges as well. My first pair of Custom Turbines was stolen, loved those with custom subdued flag icons, etc. My 2nd pair of Turbines with Prizm Jade got grabbed by my puppy and chewed, frame, one arm & both lenses. I assume these could be fixed as well?

View attachment 854454View attachment 854456

I also have a new pair of Turbine's with Prizm Black Polarized & new Flight Deck XM Goggles with Jade Prizm Lenses. Love em both. Wear the Turbine's daily.
View attachment 854460

So I am fairly familiar with Oakley O matter products :cool-20:

View attachment 854453
Nice:cool: i am a Turbine fan as well but i think it's better if you get a new frame instead of trying to fix that.
You could always buy new flag icons.

Back