• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Noob question: closest thing to the old Whisker?

IMG_9537.JPG

Small case.

In my opinion the small one is the winner. It is a snug fit and stops the glasses rattling around. The zip does up with no problems.

So small it is! :cool-20: Thanks for the trouble of going through all of those, that's a big help! ...and I do really like that all black pair, feeling like an arse for not getting one when I could. :(

I felt the same dude!

I realised they had ceased production of them about a year after they were discontinued so went on the hunt to amass a few brand new pairs, some stockists had them still, I probably paid over the odds for them but then that is what we do when we want what we want!!

Shame we hadn't spoken a while back as I had three brand new in box pairs that I shifted via eBay.

There are a few on ebay but over at the US (I assume that's where you are located?). I'm moving from to a different city within 2 or 3 weeks and I don't even know the new address yet, plus customs here in Portugal can hold stuff up for a long time, so not very viable for me for a while. But I did find a brand new black frame within the EU and was thinking about putting a pair together... until I've noticed the tons of replacement lens available are 3rd party like Revant :( Are they any good? One of the things that made the Whisker great for me was that those were my first Oakleys ever and I was blown away by the 0 distortion and sharpness of vision that I never experienced with any other pair of sunglasses. Wore Arnette for a long time before that and they all had the type of curved lens that require your brain to learn to see straight with those.

I am U.K based, my friend. The rate you are going you will have access to the Exchange soon, you will undoubtedly find a pair of Whiskers for sale there, there is a feature where you can put a "Buying" request so fellow O Bros/Sisters know you are in the market for one.

Alternatively, put on search notification for Whiskers on eBay, that way when new items are listed, you will get a heads up.

Lense choice is a pretty hot topic on this forum, there are heated debates almost weekly about what is good and what is bad.

I am not going to weigh in on this one cos I don't understand the technical side of it, suffice to say buy what you can afford.

Even if you can't find OEM replacement lenses, people like @Chris A Hardaway can cut you some from Oakley donor lenses.

What would be cool is some DWP in a Matte Black Whisker frame, never seen that done before, it would be sweet!

Ah, the UK! I buy most of my stuff from there anyway, in fact my second pair came from some small online retailer that still had them in stock as they were already hard to find. Rubbish picture:

iGBSS7i.jpg

You guys seem to have a lot more shops with Oakley stuff than anywhere else in Europe, so much so that the cases I bought are from some UK golf store.

I used to be into watches (well, recovered addict, so not a definite past) and almost went bankrupt with the sales sections of UK watch forums. Switched from smoking to vaping almost 2 years ago and was very careful never to look at the sales sections of UK forums and FB groups, some unique and very good craftsmen over there...

there is a guy near my house with a new in box whisker I was just talking with 15 minutes ago about possibly getting. If your interested I could always pick them up for you if your interested. Rather them go to someone that would appreciate them more then I would. images from it are included

23bb6189de60436c9fdb7daadd2e6dd9.jpg

aed50b7321ae4f94a75017454e643a86.jpg

aeedad6d1fe44035988b813b9de1deaa.jpg

Back