• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley and Dillon Collaboration

So you agree but that doesn’t tell me why or how they can stop anyone from cutting them.

Let’s say for example that I buy all the **** I need to cut lenses by machine. Then I buy a pair of dillon whatevers. I pop out those lenses and cut them for my Mars. Wtf are they gonna do about it?!?

As an aside I have zero interest in their lenses. I just find it appalling that y’all have to be all cloak and dagger about it. This is America damnit!

So you agree but that doesn’t tell me why or how they can stop anyone from cutting them.

Let’s say for example that I buy all the **** I need to cut lenses by machine. Then I buy a pair of dillon whatevers. I pop out those lenses and cut them for my Mars. Wtf are they gonna do about it?!?

As an aside I have zero interest in their lenses. I just find it appalling that y’all have to be all cloak and dagger about it. This is America damnit!

Cloak and Dagger makes it more enticing. But, in all seriousness, I’m not sure there is much they could do about it. People modify a lot of products...I would hope any type of “lawsuit” would be met with swift justice and a counter lawsuit for frivolous litigation.

Cloak and Dagger makes it more enticing. But, in all seriousness, I’m not sure there is much they could do about it. People modify a lot of products...I would hope any type of “lawsuit” would be met with swift justice and a counter lawsuit for frivolous litigation.
That’s the type of **** I don’t deal with. Lawsuits cost money to defend and that’s one of the problems with our country. I just wouldn’t show up. Ruby Ridge mother ******

That’s the type of **** I don’t deal with. Lawsuits cost money to defend and that’s one of the problems with our country. I just wouldn’t show up. Ruby Ridge mother ******
That’s why counter suits are allowed. Allows people to sue back for wasting your time. But, the reality is, Dillon has the clearest matte lens I’ve seen. I’d love to see the LG product, though...

I’m not trying to be a part of that cycle.

I don’t know about the clarity of them. I’m not paying ~$200 to find out either lol

I’m not trying to be a part of that cycle.

I don’t know about the clarity of them. I’m not paying ~$200 to find out either lol

Having used both...the Dillons are clearer than Oakley and use a far better AR coating, but they're never going to have as good prism compensation or impact protection as Oakley lenses. Heck, these lenses have the chance to chip if you just remove them from the frame.

In short, benefits of Dillon:
- Matte Look
- Clear lens (clearer than Oakley on a technical perspective due to CR-39 plastic)
- Oleophobic coating (no fingerprints)
- Superior AR coating

Benefits of Oakley:
- Impact Protection
- Don't Chip as easily as Dillons
- Better Prism Compensation
- Better Polarization (if you cut Dillons wrong or they are stressed...your polarization filter is ****ed up...and you'll notice it on things like paint when light bounces off of it)
- Iridium Coating
- Cheaper, with arguably better optics due to prism compensation

They cant sue you for cutting their lenses. There is no grounds for a lawsuit. That's why they try so hard to stop you from doing it...because there is no legal ground in court to sue.

Now, if you are profiting from their product, than they could sue you. That's why the OC doesnt do it...because they could sue his shop for their profits from it....possibly. I'm not sure it would stand up in court.

But Nike can't sue me for putting Reebok laces in my air maxs

Back