• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Asian Fit Differences Between Models?

I have a pair of regular split jacket sunglasses and an Asian fit version. Both of the frames are the same. OAKLEY ships an extra pair of nose pad. I cannot any difference between the two version.

I have a pair of regular split jacket sunglasses and an Asian fit version. Both of the frames are the same. OAKLEY ships an extra pair of nose pad. I cannot any difference between the two version.

Like what qtrain said the only difference are the nose pads. They are larger so that the frame sits higher on asian without a prominent/high nose bridge. Otherwise the frame would rest on the cheeks instead of the nose bridge.

So what about Half Jackets? I know there are different nose bombs, but are there other differences? I've heard standard HJ lenses won't fit the Asian version, but don't know if that's correct, or just O Store misinformation.

I wish they made more asian fit lifestyle models. I'm loving the Holbrook LX and Jupiter squared LX, but i think it would be great if they could just create an attachemnt that would fit most (or even specific) lifestyle models. I would love to be able to wear half the artist series or other limited edition frames

Holbrook LX on left, Holbrook on right:
8554572463_0e1078ce19_m.jpg

So what about Half Jackets? I know there are different nose bombs, but are there other differences? I've heard standard HJ lenses won't fit the Asian version, but don't know if that's correct, or just O Store misinformation.

They are the same as Flaks, all the Oakleys I believe that come with nosebombs big and small, the frames are the same. HJ is really for small to medium faces, as well as Flaks.

Asian fit Radars are a little wider than standard Radars.

I had an asian Radar and a standard Radar, I could not tell the difference. I aligned it on top of each other and I didn't see any differences. When I wore it, I see the same gap below the lens and as well as fit. On the Ichiro Radar, you would think it would be Asian Fit, but it does not say Asian Fit. If there are any differences on asian and standard, it is very, very miniscule.

Still looking for any info on the differences on the Asian Fit Half Jacket (original HJ). Is it just the nose piece? Will standard HJ XLJ lenses work in the Asian Fit frame?

Back