• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley doesn't honor their old lifetime warranty anymore

First, Oakley has only offered a "Lifetime" warranty on 2 items that I know of. 1) Eyeshade I believe had one initially, and 2) The original O Sandal, of which I have 2 pair and STILL HAVE the tag that was attached with the lifetime warranty statement on it. No lenses carry that guarantee since the "De-lamination" is a user issue not a flaw in the lens. That is caused from improper cleaning, constant contact with sweat and body oils, and impact/scratches. They no longer make A Wire, nor have they had lenses for them in years. Replacements can be cut from factory lenses, or should you do the unthinkable, you can buy some aftermarket alternatives, but you may as well buy some $5 cheap shades at that point cuz those lenses flat out SUCK.

I have an M-Frame that I have had replaced a couple times. Vintage 90's... I need new lenses and sadly have discovered this...

7F234068-4651-4285-9F6D-7AE4F9A5414E.png

I have an M-Frame that I have had replaced a couple times. Vintage 90's... I need new lenses and sadly have discovered this...

Lenses are a wear item.

As this thread explains, the lifetime warranty was only for a few items in the early days. If there was a lifetime warranty after that, it may have only been on the frame. Lenses did not have a lifetime warranty.

Buy some new lenses. Lenses don’t last forever.

Lenses are a wear item.

As this thread explains, the lifetime warranty was only for a few items in the early days. If there was a lifetime warranty after that, it may have only been on the frame. Lenses did not have a lifetime warranty.

Buy some new lenses. Lenses don’t last forever.

But love, love lasts forever :brunette::rofl:

Back