• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Forum Update!

OakleyBoss

Staff member
Premium Member
Administrator
USA
As some of you may noticed, we rolled out an update this morning. This update brings several new changes and hopefully more in the future. Here is a quick overview of some changes:

1. Brand new editor - The new editor not only looks better, it also is faster and much more powerful. It works with iOS and Android natively. You will also notice it says "draft saved". The editor will automatically save what you are typing periodically, so if you accidentally click something, all will not be lost. In addition, with certain browsers, the editor supports drag and drop attachments for premium members. Simply drag and drop your image into the editor and it will be uploaded. In addition, you will notice you can disable the rich text editor and any time and opt for a basic editor, simply by clicking the wrench button in the top right of the editor!
  2. Quoted Text - Long quoted text and take over a thread. Now if you come across long quoted text you will notice, it will give you a preview, then say "Click to Expand". Clicking will reveal the entire text. This makes it much easier to read a thread which contains a lot of quoted text.
  3. New User Ranks - User ranks have all been updated, which means Premium members will have shiny new badges. Not only will these badges be displayed on all of your posts, but whenever someone vies your profile, they will also see your badge.
  4. Responsive Design - I know this has been something talked about for a while. This update was the first step in the right direction. Currently a responsive design is active, but in order for it to truly be responsive we must first scale logo's, advertisements and other images which can take a while. For now, if you attempt to browse the responsive design you will notice side blocks are moved to the bottom of the screen to make important content more visible.
  5. Watching a forum - You can now "watch" an entire forum. Meaning, if you would like an alert or notification for every thread that is created inside of the Frogskins exchange, now you can!
  6. Thread prefixes - The WTB/WTS/WTT thread prefixes in the exchange areas not only make it easier to identify the type of thread you are looking for based on color, they also make it easy to sort by the type of thread. For now on, when creating a thread, a thread prefix will be required. If you are selling but also want to trade. You can pick one prefix and simply write "WTT" in the title, so members know you are ok for trading as well
There are many more smaller tweaks in this update, which I am sure you all will discover in good time. For now if anyone comes across any issues/bugs feel free to post them in here so we can get them straightened out ASAP! Enjoy!

Just wondering if its just me, but when I open on my iPhone the page is never full size. I have to double tap twice before I can see the whole page width. I'm sure I'd get use to it but kind of annoying that every time I go to the next page I have to do it again.

Just wondering if its just me, but when I open on my iPhone the page is never full size. I have to double tap twice before I can see the whole page width. I'm sure I'd get use to it but kind of annoying that every time I go to the next page I have to do it again.

I'm pretty sure that is due to the responsive design clashing with out ads/logo. It is something we are working on.

I might disable the responsive design until we get that straightened out, and let mobile devices just browse the full site. What do you think?

Personally I prefer browsing the full site from my iPhone, I switch from pc to mobile though out the day and like them to be the same.

Personally I prefer browsing the full site from my iPhone, I switch from pc to mobile though out the day and like them to be the same.

I put it back to the full site for now. Enjoy!

Back