• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Gearbox Automatic.....fake?

Nic V

Oakley Beginner
If anyone can help me out I would greatly appreciate it, I recently purchased a new gearbox automatic with bronze bezel from a high end mall in San Diego, CA. I have always loved this watch so when I saw this in the display case I had to have it............... I checked the serial number on the back and it says 0511, is this correct? I did not buy the watch for its limited edition value but after doing some research I am afraid that if they only made 300 of these than mine would be a fake? The watch appears to be real but a good fake takes and experts eye. Can anyone confirm if you can still purchase these watches retail........I noticed that on Oakley's website they do still sell it in other countries, again any peace of mine would be great otherwise I will be calling Oakley to verify authenticity or returning the watch. Thanks.

Lexkempo
Thanks, for the quick reply, that is a good sign. I am curious to know if they extended production or released a slightly different non-limited model.

More the question you should be asking, NIc V, is what the serials started at and ended: which I can't help you with, but maybe if you look on o-review, I'd be more than surprised if they don't have the details there!

^^ Thanks I checked with Oakley and the dealer is a certified dealer and they confirmed that their were more than 300 made.Thanks for the responses.

^^ Thanks I checked with Oakley and the dealer is a certified dealer and they confirmed that their were more than 300 made.Thanks for the responses.
I've got #600, and I have yet to see a number any higher, but there are at least 600.

GH4AU,
I was looking through some of the threads on here and I believe I found one when you purchased the watch, when I saw #600 I began to relax a little bit. Thanks for the confirmation. It is such a great looking watch, I would love to know exactly how many were actually made?

GH4AU,
I was looking through some of the threads on here and I believe I found one when you purchased the watch, when I saw #600 I began to relax a little bit. Thanks for the confirmation. It is such a great looking watch, I would love to know exactly how many were actually made?
It really is a great looking watch. I have no idea how many were actually produced, but it would be nice to know for sure.

GH4AU,

Nic V, have you asked on the O-Review about the serial numbers( I can't because of a ban.......another story,,,,)?

GH4AU,
Post some pictures up detailing the entire watch and we can most likely tell if it's authentic. I'm willing to bet that it is.

Back