• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Holbrook vs. Holbrook XL?

ekenney5

Oakley Beginner
Debating between the two. I've tried regular Oakley Holbrooks on before and remember wishing they were just slightly wider. Debating whether to try the Holbrook XL.

Now I've seen the XLs and I'm excited but also cautious they could be too big.

I wear a 7 1/2-7 5/8 fitted cap, so would the XLs be good for me? What is everyone's thoughts here? Have you had a chance to try the new XL Holbrooks yet? Will you switch over or stick with the standard size Brooks?

Last edited by a moderator:
I wear a 7 5/8 hat and they fit me well width wise however the lenses were too tall and rubbed my cheeks,I have high and wide cheekbones however so your result may vary.I liked them alot but they just didnt work for me.

I wear a 7 5/8 hat and they fit me well width wise however the lenses were too tall and rubbed my cheeks,I have high and wide cheekbones however so your result may vary.I liked them alot but they just didnt work for me.
I didn't think about the height, thanks for pointing that out. That's something to consider.

Looking for a new pair of Holbrooks. I’ve noticed the different dimensions offered. I have a pair of gloss black frames in 57x18 that fit me perfectly . I keep seeing some pairs in 55x18 that I like. I went to local Sunglasses hut to look for a pair to try on but they didn’t have any in the 55x18. Will I notice much of a difference between the two sizes? I had a pair of XL’s but didn’t care for them as they were slightly too big for my face.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shouldn't notice much of a difference at all IMO - I tried on both last week at my SGH and could barely tell besides the XL's being slightly bigger.

went ahead and ordered a pair online in 55x18 in the Havana frame. Guess I’ll see how I like them when they show up.

yeah, the XL's weren't bad on me, I just like the slightly smaller 57/18 size better. the new ones I ordered in the 55 size can't get here soon enough.

Back