• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Hyjinx Frank Kozik Factory Custom +red Polarized Lenses ONE OF A KIND!

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
I actually got something etched on here by Edsjunk on my Bob Burnquist Fuel Cell. I added a recycled symbol. Did I claim it was a special edition? No.

Here is the thread where he shows his etching work. He even replicated a "Livestrong" etching that looks like it came from Oakley.
http://www.oakleyforum.com/diy-modding-discussion/5833-custom-aftermarket-laser-engraved-lenses.html?highlight=edsjunk etch

Not trying to ruin this FS thread or disrespect you, but trying to help you realize what you're trying to sell.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some people reacted to this post.
Username Hidden said:
Im sorry your for sale ad has turned into a experts analysis thread.
clearly most everyone here are violating the forum rules.
GLWS

I would trust that I am not violating any rules in this forum?

Username Hidden said:
This pair in particular is something Chop made, sorry but it isn't valuable or sentimental.
I had nothing to do with this pair or any Pos Red Polar Hijinx ever. Personally, I saw someone with these about 4 years ago and they were offered to me at the time but my pockets weren't deep enough, well, I just wasn't that interested since I acquired the pos red polar factory juliets...So I can vouch for the fact that they very well indeed can be authentic, and I can certify 100% I did not make them. He is also right in saying that the edges would certainly carry different proof that I cut them if in fact I had. Sorry guys, not my handy work and not anything for me to believe they aren't anything but legit. GLWS bro, very nice Koziks for sure

also, the system HQ uses for marking lenses is NOT a laser, but in fact an impact engraver, so if they were lasered, they would be different also. They use a Roland Metaza machine and that is not the same in any facet.

Username Hidden said:
I actually got something etched on here by Edsjunk on my Bob Burnquist Fuel Cell. I added a recycled symbol. Did I claim it was a special edition? No.

Here is the thread where he shows his etching work. He even replicated a "Livestrong" etching that looks like it came from Oakley.

http://www.oakleyforum.com/diy-modd...r-engraved-lenses.html?highlight=edsjunk+etch

Not trying to ruin this FS thread or disrespect you, but trying to help you realize what you're trying to sell.

If it was indeed a polarized lens from Oakley it would already say polarized but would not match up with this frame. And, any lens to be cut would be cut off somewhere around that existing etching. Tell me what lens Oakley made that did not have a polarized etching? That would be even more rare if there was and you cant erase an etching and redo one so I am sorry you are wrong. I can confirm that they are polarized to boot with a display. It cant be done unless by the factory itself. Also I have existing pairs of Hijinx and the lens geomotry is exactly the same which makes it obvious that it cant be done by anyone other than the factory. Reproduction of this lens can only be done by Oakley and this proves it. Again impossible to fake....

Username Hidden said:
I had nothing to do with this pair or any Pos Red Polar Hijinx ever. Personally, I saw someone with these about 4 years ago and they were offered to me at the time but my pockets weren't deep enough, well, I just wasn't that interested since I acquired the pos red polar factory juliets...So I can vouch for the fact that they very well indeed can be authentic, and I can certify 100% I did not make them. He is also right in saying that the edges would certainly carry different proof that I cut them if in fact I had. Sorry guys, not my handy work and not anything for me to believe they aren't anything but legit. GLWS bro, very nice Koziks for sure

BOO...YAH! Thank you sir I expect a retraction from those claiming they are fake! Oh, do you still have those juliets? If so I am interested......LOL

Username Hidden said:
I would trust that I am not violating any rules in this forum?

No, just everyone else. Im glad Dr. Chop cleared it up

People will still think that this is fake because you spelled it HYJINX. :laugh: just kidding. yeah, glad Dr. cleared it up. GLWS again!

Username Hidden said:
No, just everyone else. Im glad Dr. Chop cleared it up

Yes, devaluing my item by claims of un-authenticity hurts my feeling but it is good that people are aware. I am impressed by everyone's knowledge too. Now that this has been cleared up the price is 1500$

Username Hidden said:
People will still think that this is fake because you spelled it HYJINX. :laugh: just kidding. yeah, glad Dr. cleared it up. GLWS again!

Lol! one little mistake and bam....like flys on !@#$. Good call though, I owe you one for letting me know.:cool:

Back