• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Lenses With Moderate Tint And Neutral Color. Suggestions Please

mvaro2002

Oakley Beginner
Hello,
last week I went to an Oakley store and tried some nice model which had lenses with moderate tint. Sadly the sales person was not able to answer which lens model that was...too bad. Now I am hoping to get an answer here.
It had a grey color, polarized (I don't remember)..sorry....
Overall I am looking for a lens with the least or just very moderate amount of tint. One I saw online and looks like the one I experienced was light grey, maybe it was that one but I am not sure.
About the sunglasses model I am probably going for the half jackets 2.0 xl. I intend to use it just in general on a daily basis and for cycling. Flack Jackets XLJ is also an option, probably the price will decide in the end or what is available at oakley vault.
Waiting for your advices.

There are a bunch of lenses that have light or neutral tints...

Don't rely on the outer coating to determine the lense base tint...

Oakley.com has a web app (also an iOS app) that can maybe help sway your mind...

Depending on your personal style and frame colour, you can create nice array of colour combos ...

Everything doesn't have to be black and grey :p

Well in general I prefer something that is neutral. I occasionally check the oakley vault website but haven't come across some offers with light grey lenses or suitable alternatives with a light tint for quite a while.
Overall I am not a big fan of intense color changes and therefore prefer something with a grey(ish) tint (from my perspective). Currently there are OO red iridium polarized flak jackets xlj available. Any experiences?!

I remember the ones in the store were some racing jackets for about 150 dollars (oakleyvault again). Since I don't like the frame I didn't buy them but according to the price it must have been polarized lenses.

I checked the tint comparing website of oakley, and well, too many options ;-) that's why I am writing here to the experts.

Last edited:
I wouldn't consider oo red polarized a "neutral" but more of a contrasting as oo is more of a rose tint. Sounds like what you are looking for is something more of a grey base. there are many lens colors that fit the profile (Black,Grey, Emerald, Ice, etc.)

Frame: a half frame as for example a flak jacket
Frame color preferably black
Lenses xl or xlj fit me best
Purpose: mostly cycling, in the near future I would like to try a lens which helps while driving a car under dufficult weather conditions but that is not a priority right now.
Its not necessary to be something conservative therefore iridium lenses are welcome if available for a good price.
In general which lenses would you use for my purpose regardless of tint color.
I checked the oakley site and the comparing option definitely helps but I prefer reading about real world experiences here

I like Slate Grey for different not so sunny weather conditions...it is neutral with a grey base but not as dark as Black Iridium In fact its going to snow here today and thats what Ill be wearing...Someone- not me- had a pair of flak lenses new and relatively cheap on the bay recently I have them in Flaks XLJ(Matte grey Smoke), SJ2(Grey Smoke) and Monster Pup(Grey Smoke) They also function pretty well in sun as long as u r not heading straight into it...

Back