• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Romeo 1 - Need repair

Is there a certain lens that is the best for Romeo's? Hopefully so they do not crack as fast as the original. Trying to get a hold of one of the custom cutters but no answers yet.

Also thanks everyone, you all have been great help.

From what I understand, a good cutter will cut them so they won't crack.

They do bevel or somthing like that, at points of it were they normally crack

Right, any suitable OEM donor lens will do, the trick is a small bevel along the edge at the upper flex point, where the orbital screws are.

Trying to figure out what OEM lenses I would like to get cut. I really would like something polarized but I do not know if they are worth it since I do not fish much anymore. I do golf every week though. I really enjoyed my original black looking lens or what ever they were called but would be up for a change. I cannot post in the marketplace yet so if anyone has any OEM's that need to be cut for R1's or already cut send me a msg.

I didn't realise this would reduce the possibility of the cracks occurring. Something relativley so simple.

The sad part is that Oakley didn't figure that out for themselves. Instead, when people called about the problem, they were offered an exchange for another x-metal of their choice, with many opting for 24K XX...

The sad part is that Oakley didn't figure that out for themselves. Instead, when people called about the problem, they were offered an exchange for another x-metal of their choice, with many opting for 24K XX...

I too, exchanged my Romeos, after twice having the lenses crack within the same amount of weeks. I just thought, can't be @rsed to have to send them back again a third time. So I relented and went for Fire/Plasma Juliets. Thought the XX Golds just looked too flashy at the time.

Do they make some kind of polar Black Iridium? Or are the polar just funky looking colors? I get it but I am just not creative to have anything that looks different. Might get a different color rubbers to be extreme lol. I do plan at this point to have my glasses to be restored completely. Getting a new pair of OEM's lenses cut when i figure out what i want and some new rubbers as you can see I need them and going to have the x-man touch them up. Figured after 15 years, what the hell it is time to make them like new again. They made it this far with out being gentle they can and will last another 10 i am guessing. lol

Do they make some kind of polar Black Iridium? Or are the polar just funky looking colors? I get it but I am just not creative to have anything that looks different. Might get a different color rubbers to be extreme lol. I do plan at this point to have my glasses to be restored completely. Getting a new pair of OEM's lenses cut when i figure out what i want and some new rubbers as you can see I need them and going to have the x-man touch them up. Figured after 15 years, what the hell it is time to make them like new again. They made it this far with out being gentle they can and will last another 10 i am guessing. lol

Well, there's black iridium polarized.

Back