• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Romeo 1 - Need repair

Black Iridium Polarized, on the forum aka BIP, is one of the most popular lenses. Alternatively, VR28 BIP are a very popular contrast lens. They're the same on the outside but have a warm contrast base tint.

Both have some of the lowest light trans %s Oakley offers, 9% for BIP and 10% for VR28 BIP.

Anyone have any thoughts on getting my glasses refinished? If it is worth getting it done that is. I do not think I would like to change the color at all. I am getting some OEM BIP lens cut and should have them soon. Just trying to decide if I should go the all the way with the refinish since I am getting the new lens and new rubbers.

Anyone have any thoughts on getting my glasses refinished? If it is worth getting it done that is. I do not think I would like to change the color at all. I am getting some OEM BIP lens cut and should have them soon. Just trying to decide if I should go the all the way with the refinish since I am getting the new lens and new rubbers.
just saw this thread and am wondering about the update. what route did you take and some "after" pics maybe? FWIW i also would have recommended what kronin mentioned above so it looks like it has "battle damage"

The sad part is that Oakley didn't figure that out for themselves. Instead, when people called about the problem, they were offered an exchange for another x-metal of their choice, with many opting for 24K XX...
I had been doing that from damn near day 1 when I started the whole cutting thing...a small indent to relieve the stress goes a long way. Especially the top one. The bottom isn't as bad, but still happens. And yes, I said EXACTLY the same thing. Why scrap the line, solve the problem. Using the lens as the flex was the stupidest thing ever....

just saw this thread and am wondering about the update. what route did you take and some "after" pics maybe? FWIW i also would have recommended what kronin mentioned above so it looks like it has "battle damage"

I will update the thread when they get done. Waiting on the lenses to get cut. There is a big delay on them by the person that is cutting them but hope to have them ina week or two. I am waiting on Line gear to get some black rubbers in anyway. They said the end of the month mid June. :) So I am guessing it will be a few weeks out anyway.

I did finally get a Wiha T6 and was able to easily unscrew the one side of my glasses that the post was popped out and put it back in. Not a snug fit since the rubber is gone but at least I can wear them. :)

Back