• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Romeo 1 - Need repair

o_O wow... didn't realise machine cut takes that long.... guess the old machine is getting tired

Normally it doesn't, probably about 5 min per lens then a grinding wheel to tweak them for the fitting in my test frames. However the machine being used for the current batch (due to normal machine down for a power supply) is a fully digital machine which takes time to dial in. We are cutting lenses in a new machine for the first time and having to do so without taking any chances of toasting lenses. It took about 8 pairs of lenses per frame in the old machine to dial it in for cuts. We cannot do that this time, LOL I would lose both arms and one leg financially if that happened. So Each pair is done really slowly. Just very happy this other machine is able to be used, albeit only during a lunch hour so getting a total of 20 sets done has been a nightmare.

Normal timeframe for lens cuts all depends on when we get them. Cutting is normally only on Sundays so if I were to get them and send them to my employee on a Friday it would be 9 more days before they get cut then shipped, So 2 weeks is not abnormal, just some members time it so we have them on Friday and get cut and shipped that weekend. @dragonvoi , we did his special one night due to the amount that week.

LOL I would lose both arms and one leg financially if that happened
I know how you feel. With my 1 leg remaining, I use it to kick my staff to get things done. I also pay them bananas to keep costs down ;)

JDcrew.jpg

Finally got the lenses in. They came in yesterday and hopefully they will go in good. I think i am going to do this myself, although kindof nervous. Is there anything that is recommended to clean to goo from sweat and everything else that has prob seeped into these lens slots? Since the rubbers where the ear pieces meet the lenses do not look that bad I do not see the need to replace them. Any one think they should be? Mainly it will be all the rubber pieces around the nose are the important replacements that need to be done and or missing. Any advice would be great and helpful!!!

Thanks!

your fine, use alcohol or soap and water warm under water is fine too. You can't hurt them, just make sure you dry them off.

Back