• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Romeo 1 - Need repair

So they sold em off?
That would be my guess, that's what I would have done to squeeze some value out of them. Record the numbers then offer them in a secondary market where there would be no additional warranty recourse. Makes sense to me.

That goes against Oakley's grain.sell a set of frames with issues so people can make their opinions of Oakley's quality.but they won't sell us any parts to repair them ourselves.seems backwards to me.

That goes against Oakley's grain.sell a set of frames with issues so people can make their opinions of Oakley's quality.but they won't sell us any parts to repair them ourselves.seems backwards to me.
You know they didn't know that these would have that issue, this was really was early on in their learning how to work with titanium.

I will update the thread when they get done. Waiting on the lenses to get cut. There is a big delay on them by the person that is cutting them but hope to have them ina week or two. I am waiting on Line gear to get some black rubbers in anyway. They said the end of the month mid June. :) So I am guessing it will be a few weeks out anyway.

I did finally get a Wiha T6 and was able to easily unscrew the one side of my glasses that the post was popped out and put it back in. Not a snug fit since the rubber is gone but at least I can wear them. :)

Still planning on updating this as soon as I can. I received the rubbers from Japan last week and still waiting on Infinite for lenses I ordered. It has been 3 weeks on them since I paid but I guess his cutter had a broke machine and waiting on the backlog of glasses to get cut. Hopefully they will be here this week. I really hate waiting. lol

Well looks like my lenses are getting pushed back another week. Looks like it will be a month since I paid before I receive. Just getting a little frustrated as I hate giving someone $140 for anything and have to sit on my hands and wait. Everyone that has ordered from him please reassure me that i should not worry. I have not asked for my cash back and have been very patient since I do know **** can happen. I just do not want any one getting soaked if this is a scam. This is the response I got tonight which is almost the same that i received last week.

"Yes just got off the phone. Here is what I am sending out to everyone left on the list. Doc has about 2 spare hours a day and each pair takes about an hour all in with the work machine so working through them, now that he has the machine dialed in. I personally would rather have this wait, than having 5 pairs of lenses toasted. Thanks for being patient with us, I know your new so I feel bad about that due to you not knowing our history of being exceptional. Will make sure we surprise you if or when there is another pair in the future.

ALL R1 lenses will be shipped out by Friday or at the very latest Monday, for sure. The office machine is very difficult to work with, and I didn't know this specifically, and before any lenses were toasted, eye doc wanted to make sure every cut was going to be perfect (he went through 6 pairs of test lenses), then tweak them at home for the frame fitting. He is at that point tonight, tweaking the first set of 13 pairs. Then cutting some each day and shipping out till all are done. UNLESS you hear from me with an issue, which will be immediately, they will ship some each day till Monday (should be friday if all goes smooth). Tracking for SC doesn't always show up and sometimes not till its at your house, so don't worry, they will be coming priority mail as usual. ALL Of you should have your lenses no later in hand by next Wednesday, some Sat. Sorry this couldn't be sooner, normally it always has as some of you know, but for those of you who are new members, this is NOT something that is normal for me and my employee. Our work is guaranteed and of the finest quality, but we both thank you for bearing with us during this unfortunate time. At least now we have templates in two machines so wont have to go through this again. Again thanks, InfiniteHero"

Just let him know I was very stressed about the situation and he has responded.

"Understand, DONT STRESS please, you wont get ripped off, you wont lose anything, you will get what you want and even if there happened to be an issue with the fit, that would be done asap and not cost you a dime. Just FYI on that part. Like I said this is not normal, you should have had them 2 weeks ago. We aren't doing any more for 4 weeks till old machine is fixed. Thanks I WILL let you know the day they ship."

Everyone that has ordered from him please reassure me that i should not worry.

Don't worry. He'll come through. Sometimes things take a little longer due to various circumstances, and the machine breaking is a major circumstance. I've gotten nine sets from him over a period of time, even had to exchange one with a problem, and they always ended up getting to me, some sooner, some later.

I've had to wait much longer, over four months, for some different work by a different guy. In fact, I'm still waiting... And I was originally quoted a turnaround time of... one week. So really, this wait for IH isn't that bad, relatively...

Don't worry. He'll come through. Sometimes things take a little longer due to various circumstances, and the machine breaking is a major circumstance. I've gotten nine sets from him over a period of time, even had to exchange one with a problem, and they always ended up getting to me, some sooner, some later.

I've had to wait much longer, over four months, for some different work by a different guy. In fact, I'm still waiting... And I was originally quoted a turnaround time of... one week. So really, this wait for IH isn't that bad, relatively...

Appreciate the comment. I do understand about waiting and sh** happening but never fun. Thanks again and maybe it will help appraicrte the final product so much more. Seems like nowadays we get used to things happening over night.

Appreciate the comment. I do understand about waiting and sh** happening but never fun. Thanks again and maybe it will help appraicrte the final product so much more. Seems like nowadays we get used to things happening over night.

dont worry, i have a ton of transactions with @InfiniteHero stand-up guy. about a month or so ago i sent him a propack of ten of my own lenses he got it done the same day. your situation is obviously not the norm.

Back