• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Turbine light leakings

Alojomora

Oakley Beginner
Hello everybody!

I have bought a Oakley Turbine Black Iridium Polarized.Everybody has told me that they fit me well. i like some features of it: i like how awesome i look, i like how the lent cut the glare and i like the premium material. Its heavier than i would like but i dont mind that. What bothers me a lot is the following::

The nose pads are very short and they are located in the low half part of the frame. This means that there is a gap above the nose pads and the light enters that way. It goes from outside, from my nose, goes over the nose pads and reaches my eyes.

In general when my head is streight with my eyes i cant see any gap, but if i am driving and suddenly i need to watch outside, sometimes i move my eyes side but i dont move my head, so i finish watching the annoing gap. Other example, if i am walking along the street and i see a girl i like , when i get closer i move my eyes to take a good look at her but not my head, so i end up watching the annoing hole.

I dont know why the nose pads cant be located same than fuel cell. The frame of fuel closes all the space between the nose and the bridge of the frame.
I dont know why Turbine has low and short nosepads,I imagine its a way to reduce air condensation inside the sunglasses, but let light and a little air in and its starting to make me thing about retunrning the sunglasses.

I dont know i have explained myself well, i am from spain and english is not my mother tounge. You just have to put your turbine on, close your left eye and look left with your right eye, you will see the gap i am telling.

My question is : is this normal? Should i order a fuel cell instead or should i get used to this sunglasses eventually?. For me fuel cell fit is great, but the material is not so cool.

Other things i am worried about is a few leakings up, side. and from behind.The frame is in general closing all my eyes, i repeat, its my fit, i have a large head, but however still certein sun rays can seldom reach the lents from up or behind-side me , and they reflect in the lent.. My old sunglasses had a internal anti-reflexive coating that now i miss a lot.

What do you think about all of that guys? should i get used to the leakings or should i buy fuel cell? With fuel cell i look also great with rare leakings but with turbine i look awesome (with leakings).

Last edited:
Eyy. Thanks for answering. I have just 1 day more to decide.
I am starting to get used to the Turbine. They are confortable, except a few 10 times a hour when my eyes in certein situations go farther than my head and i notive the distracting hole. Lol

Maybe i will follow your advise, so far i dont have any pair of sunglasses alive.
And i could have this BIP Turbine for commuting to work and lunch under the demon sun of the south of spain, and get fuel cell for driving or cyclin in the morning/ afternoon when the sun rays go horizoontal, maybe with not so dark lents, for example prinzm , grey polarized or similar medium lents.

Eyy. Thanks for answering. I have just 1 day more to decide.
I am starting to get used to the Turbine. They are confortable, except a few 10 times a hour when my eyes in certein situations go farther than my head and i notive the distracting hole. Lol

Maybe i will follow your advise, so far i dont have any pair of sunglasses alive.
And i could have this BIP Turbine for commuting to work and lunch under the demon sun of the south of spain, and get fuel cell for driving or cyclin in the morning/ afternoon when the sun rays go horizoontal, maybe with not so dark lents, for example prinzm , grey polarized or similar medium lents.
It is worth having a pair or two extra. You never know when you might need to mix up your style. Go look at the what sunglasseses are you wearing today. Everyone mixes it up.

1.png
2.png

If you look at the guy who is fishing, you will notice a shinning point close to the bridge of the nose/Turbine. That means, the sun han entered from up , and you can see that ray through the bridge of the Turbines.

I am not worry about the up leaking ( i seldom move my head down , sometimes cycling). I am worry about the gap between the bridge of the Turbines and the bride of the guy.

In the second picture you can aprreciate the gap too.

I see the gap all time when i am eating with sunglasses. :(

This is strictly a fit issue. I would go to the Oakley store and try on every frame in there until you find the one that is perfect. Try Gascans, Fuel cells, Batwolfs, Jawbreakers, Jupiter Squared, Holbrooks....you get the point. Everyframe fits differently so buy what you like. I love a lot of frames the styles etc, I find myself wearing a handful of them and not going out of my comfort zone. You may get limited color choices etc if you find the exact frame. It's all about compromise. Just like buying a car. If you really like them then just wear them. Or you can always diversify like @Wesleypipesyo stated. Buy a few frames and rotate through them. Maybe rock your Turbines on cloudier days so you don't notice the gap as much. It's your call and your decision.

If you've got a big huge face like I do try the double edge, nice and light, big tall wrap lenses.

This is the fameous gap. Sorry for being so ugly, lol

Is a fit problem or not?
When its very sunny i notice less like Joshua said

hueco.jpg

Back