• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley turbine. (Not rotors)

I read that to mean they would take the old glasses and give you the newer version. That's the 3rd reference to that I've seen as hard as I find it to believe.
If true I still can't avail of it where I am unless customer care are extra nice to me.

So you think they'd take my frame socks icon on the basis of bulging rubbers and replace with new? And I'd keep the old lenses?

I could see at a stretch an argument as to why based on wanting to have their logo unified across the brand by eliminating the square frames in favour of the round icon frames.
And as they where marketed as customisible and they didn't want to continue production of the undesirable logo parts they offer a trade instead.

Still very far fetched imp. Love to be proved wrong though

Have you done this? I don't see this as a warranty claim. Why would they replace a dis-continued style with a newer one under warranty.

Yes I have.

The Turbine model itself has not been discontinued. If you bought a Turbine during the brief period of time before they made the corporate icon decision, you still have a Turbine (same model #s and all).

As far as Oakley is concerned, they just prefer everyone forget that the Square Icon ever existed .. but they still have to honor valid frame warranty claims on the Turbine.

Yes I have.

The Turbine model itself has not been discontinued. If you bought a Turbine during the brief period of time before they made the corporate icon decision, you still have a Turbine (same model #s and all).

As far as Oakley is concerned, they just prefer everyone forget that the Square Icon ever existed .. but they still have to honor valid frame warranty claims on the Turbine.

I'm very aware that Turbine has not been discontinued, I own 4 pairs, 3 ellipse, 1 square, newest 3 weeks old. I just don't see them doing a replacement based on just discontinuing the square icon on this particular model. I guess it's worth looking into. As far as them wanting everyone to forget the square icon ever existed, I hope that is their thinking on Turbine only. After all there still is at least 5 models I can think of that still and most likely always will have the square icon.

I'll email customer care later today (4am here now) and see what they say about swapping frames and about doing it internationally.

I'm very aware that Turbine has not been discontinued, I own 4 pairs, 3 ellipse, 1 square, newest 3 weeks old. I just don't see them doing a replacement based on just discontinuing the square icon on this particular model. I guess it's worth looking into. As far as them wanting everyone to forget the square icon ever existed, I hope that is their thinking on Turbine only. After all there still is at least 5 models I can think of that still and most likely always will have the square icon.

I'm assuming Batwolf is one of the 5 you're thinking of. As I understand it, the Batwolf is being discontinued.

You're correct though. I believe the Gascan (for example) is not on the chopping block. The only thing I know for certain is that all models going forward will feature the Ellipse Icon exclusively. It's all about simple brand recognition for them (profits), not originality. Shame.

Latest Posts

Back