• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley turbine. (Not rotors)

I'm assuming Batwolf is one of the 5 you're thinking of. As I understand it, the Batwolf is being discontinued.

You're correct though. I believe the Gascan (for example) is not on the chopping block. The only thing I know for certain is that all models going forward will feature the Ellipse Icon exclusively. It's all about simple brand recognition for them (profits), not originality. Shame.

Fuel cell, Gas Can, Det Cord, Five Squared, Jupiter Squared, and the iconic Holbrook. Just off the top of my head. Gonna be a lot of p'od people out there.

I'm very aware that Turbine has not been discontinued, I own 4 pairs, 3 ellipse, 1 square, newest 3 weeks old. I just don't see them doing a replacement based on just discontinuing the square icon on this particular model. I guess it's worth looking into. As far as them wanting everyone to forget the square icon ever existed, I hope that is their thinking on Turbine only. After all there still is at least 5 models I can think of that still and most likely always will have the square icon.
Sorry to break it to you but square O is gone on all frames or will be gone on all frames once they sell any of the stock that has had it

so, little update on this. i tried contacting oakley custoer care about the issue with my frame socks. had to sign up to register an account to submit a customer care/warrenty form but in the end i didnt even get a reply. fast forward to today, i check my emails and theres a couple there from the 20th,
one was a customer registration email,basically a thanks for registering email,
second was an email about changing my password, and third was an order confirmation email,

the email gives an order number, has my name and address on it, and includes a pair of oakley turbines priced $142, free shipping, total order cost $0.00
and the order is in process.

am i to take it that this order is on its way to me after my quiery with them?
my email was asking about replacement socks included pics of my frames and seriel numbers and asked if replacements where available. but i got no reply whatsoever so i am not sure what to make of this email.
theres a list in the email of customer care centres all over the world with all the pone numbers,
and a link in the email to check the status, which seems legit (www.oakley.com/en/support/order-status) but doesnt work hen i put in the order number.

anyone know what i should make of this?

presuming that means luxottica sucks? lol
but still doesnt help me, yes the lack of a reply is lousy, but,
the email leads me to believe they are sending me a pair of turbines i didnt pay for, so thats not to be sniffed at.
the other scenario is that its spam with all my details on it?

So you wrote to customer service in europe....and did not get a reply for months.
Now you get a email saying they are sending you a free pair of glasses, and the price is listed in US dollars.
Or was it US customer service you wrote to?

Last edited:
Back