• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley turbine. (Not rotors)

So you wrote to customer service in europe....and did not get a reply for months.
Now you get a email saying they are sending you a free pair of glasses, and the price is listed in US dollars.
Or was it US customer service you wrote to?

To be honest, im not actully sure. i bounced around the different sites and was given an email after registering on one of the official oakley sites. might have even been Lux.
i believe it was a Customer service in EU. tats who i registered through and then got a message from noreply@oakley.com with the order confirmation and yes, in USD.
Customer care have sent me an email saying they are out of stock but will email me when they are back in and being shipped. btu still no mention of my email or why they are sending them etc.

So weird .....Oakley europe customer service used to be great, then all of a sudden it turned to sh!t ....i get no reply when i contact them. :errwhat:

What exactly did you ask for in your email?

Last edited:
So weird .....Oakley europe customer service used to be great, then all of a sudden it turned to sh!t ....i get no reply when i contact them. :errwhat:

What exactly did you ask for in your email?

basically said i had the old swuare logo turbines and the socks where swelling up and not fitting the frames. that it seemed to be a common issue and well documented.
i stated that id read a number of members on one of the oakley owners forums had been to oakley stores in search of socks under warrenty, and been offered new Oval logo frames in their place as they are no longer available.

i stated that there are no oakley stores in ireland and asked if that is true that they where replacing old for new and if it wasnt would they be in a position to replace my earsocks. i included pictures of the frames showing the buldging socks and the numbers from the arm of the frame.

since my last message, i got a duplicate email about the turbines being out of stock an that theyd get back to me asap, so i decided to be cheeky and ask if they would be out of stock for long, id behappy to accept an alternate pair of glasses instead (im partial to the crystal gascans.)
and to my surprise, they replied saying that it could be possible if they havent processed my order yet. that tey would have to wait till monday to confirm as their logistics department would be closed (at the time of the reply) this time they did mention warrenty in the email.
saying that they could cancel the order for the turbines and issue the alternate ones under warrenty.

so im not sure what to do now, but its looking positive. if i can get the spare socks off LkyLefty, i'll definitely take a different pair instead of replacement new model turbines.

Back