• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley XX gold question

Golfobsessed

Oakley Enthusiast
Question for the OF family, I have a small x metal collection consisting of 5 Juliets and 2 Pennys (also a few A-wires) I have a good friend and co-worker with a pair of x-metal XX gold that he is bringing in for me Friday morning at a very good (friend) price, I already purchased a Juliet from him and he has decided to sell me the XX, he is original owner and they haven't been worn in many years, the frames are full gold... not the 24k gold plating but they are the Matt gold finish, frames in good shape but as I recall the lenses had some scratches, I have a narrow face which is why I never got into the XX frames... my question... should I just keep them? probably never wear them, are they worth more on average over Juliets or about the same? was absolutely thinking I would put them on the x-metal exchange in trade for a Juliet or Penny or x-squared... are they a worthy trade for any of the above?

Well they only made a 24k version of the XX which is two tone, plasma orbitals and gold nose and arms, if it’s solid gold it’s been a custom paint job, the value depending on condition could easily be traded for any other x-metal frame on here, there’s a lot of Metal fans here. The next thing to do would post pictures to make sure it’s not fake

Well they only made a 24k version of the XX which is two tone, plasma orbitals and gold nose and arms, if it’s solid gold it’s been a custom paint job, the value depending on condition could easily be traded for any other x-metal frame on here, there’s a lot of Metal fans here. The next thing to do would post pictures to make sure it’s not fake

That surprises me a little, I haven't seen them in several months when I purchased the Juliets buy they are not painted to the best of my knowledge, not sure how the gold coating was applied at Oakley... didn't think it was paint, they were all gold as I recall but maybe I am wrong... they are definitely gold however, they are XX as they are bigger than the Juliet and have the hammer stems... I guess I will know more Friday, apperently I might be wrong being full gold, they are not custom or touched, I have known him 30 years and remember when he purchased them at Oakley and haven't been touched

Thanks guys, they are definitely authentic and maybe I'm not remembering them as a 2 tone but I do remember when purchased both a polished Juliet (which I purchased some time back) and these XX's which I passed on at the time, they were a gold XX and I'm picking them up for $100, again I think the gold lenses have some wear/scratches, the frames as I remember were in good shape, will probably post more on Friday when I have them... thanks again all

You are correct... they are 2-tone

Congrats on getting them for a 100 too
thanks... pick them up fit thing in the morning
27648.jpeg

Back