• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

- OEM Earsocks For X-Squared's ...

Zeke

- The Retarded Battle Continues ...
I am hoping I do not get bonked super hard on the head for this likely too obvious of a question, but ... am I correct in stating the as far as Earsock/Temple Shox for XS were ONLY ever made in Red & Black, correct?

I know there is a third-party that has a variety of colors available elsewhere, but Oakley had no reason to offer any other color, right?

Are there any other models that folks use on XS's? ... or, better yet, are those third party ones of any quality to even bother with just to switch up a look here & there on a whim?

I'm only aware of red and black OEM.

Linegear rubbers are pretty decent. I've read criticisms of the Walleva ones but haven't tried them personally and can't really say.

The thing is the aftermarket T-shocks for XS are the same as Juliet / Mars / Romeo / XX. They fit and they work, but the OEM temple shocks for XS are a little different design than the others, more hollow.

I am hoping I do not get bonked super hard on the head for this likely too obvious of a question, but ... am I correct in stating the as far as Earsock/Temple Shox for XS were ONLY ever made in Red & Black, correct?

I know there is a third-party that has a variety of colors available elsewhere, but Oakley had no reason to offer any other color, right?

Are there any other models that folks use on XS's? ... or, better yet, are those third party ones of any quality to even bother with just to switch up a look here & there on a whim?

Yeah, as far as I know Oakley only made red and black for XS. Juliet earsocks can be used and are a fraction longer than the ones on XS. Some people prefer to trim them down a bit for fitment, some people just leave them as they are a tad long. Linegear (Japan) makes the best aftermarket rubber (the only one worth bothering with in my opinion) if you want more variety in color options. They aren't as good as the Oakley unobtanium, but they are still fine for changing up your colors if you aren't concerned with oem...

http://linegear.ocnk.net/product-list/27

Linegear rubbers are pretty decent. I've read criticisms of the Walleva ones but haven't tried them personally and can't really say.

The thing is the aftermarket T-shocks for XS are the same as Juliet / Mars / Romeo / XX. They fit and they work, but the OEM temple shocks for XS are a little different design than the others, more hollow.

Looks like kronin beat me to it... lol

Thanks for the info. The OEM Black that they came with is excellent, & I got my mitts on a brand new OEM Red (Ducati) set from here ... so I am good there, but I am looking at picking up some Ice Iridium lenses for them, & I would love to know if any of the Blue Socks look even semi-decent with them. I mean, obviously they will look dope with the Chrome finish, Black Socks, etc., & then the Ice lens, ... but I am always looking to have all the toys for each pair of glasses I get as time goes by ...

Thanks for the info. The OEM Black that they came with is excellent, & I got my mitts on a brand new OEM Red (Ducati) set from here ... so I am good there, but I am looking at picking up some Ice Iridium lenses for them, & I would love to know if any of the Blue Socks look even semi-decent with them. I mean, obviously they will look dope with the Chrome finish, Black Socks, etc., & then the Ice lens, ... but I am always looking to have all the toys for each pair of glasses I get as time goes by ...

Oakley made blue sets for Juliet, but they aren't cheap or particularly easy to come by. As kronin mentioned, the t-shox aren't quite the same as XS...

Last edited:
Oakley made blue sets for Juliet, but they aren't cheap or particularly easy to come by. As kronin mentioned, the t-shox aren't quite the same as XS and the nose bombs won't work with XS...

I literally JUST bought an Ice Irid from the DOTcom ... as far as the Blue's for the Juliet's, weren't they for a special Ichiro pair, & only for them? Just saying that because I swear I saw a pair of Blue rubbers for a Juliet go for around $55 on here not too long ago, & it was mentioned that they were from an Ichiro pair.

I literally JUST bought an Ice Irid from the DOTcom ... as far as the Blue's for the Juliet's, weren't they for a special Ichiro pair, & only for them? Just saying that because I swear I saw a pair of Blue rubbers for a Juliet go for around $55 on here not too long ago, & it was mentioned that they were from an Ichiro pair.

Yep, they were for one of the Ichiro Juliets, but they still turn up from time to time...

Yeah, as far as I know Oakley only made red and black for XS. Juliet earsocks can be used and are a fraction longer than the ones on XS. Some people prefer to trim them down a bit for fitment, some people just leave them as they are a tad long. Linegear (Japan) makes the best aftermarket rubber (the only one worth bothering with in my opinion) if you want more variety in color options. They aren't as good as the Oakley unobtanium, but they are still fine for changing up your colors if you aren't concerned with oem...

http://linegear.ocnk.net/product-list/27

Thank you for the direct link to LG. Is their ship time to the CONUS here decent?

... & to answer your semi-question, yes, it is always OEM first, second, third ... fiftieth, ... then consider otherwise. Like I would not really even go as far as but swapping the Socks, Temples, ... Noses are doubtful, & certainly not the orbitals just for a few days or something.

Thank you for the direct link to LG. Is their ship time to the CONUS here decent?

... & to answer your semi-question, yes, it is always OEM first, second, third ... fiftieth, ... then consider otherwise. Like I would not really even go as far as but swapping the Socks, Temples, ... Noses are doubtful, & certainly not the orbitals just for a few days or something.

I ordered from them once, and it didn't take too long at all - maybe a week or so. You can upgrade to get it a little quicker if you feel like dropping the extra coin...

Back