• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

◇◇◇◇OFFICIAL NFL 2019 THREAD◇◇◇◇

I'm surprised there hasn't been more celebration on the Patriots loss and what appears to be "implosion".

The writing for the abupt end to the season was on the wall, but many fans were hopeful..... based on the past...... if there was a way to grind out a win and get to the next round, this team would be able to figure that out. It would seem as if that well that they have always able to tap into when needed, has run dry.

They had an epic 20 year run that if anyone would have predicted that 20 years ago they would have been laughed at. No one can keep up that pace of success it had to end sometime.
Unfortunately you are correct. It was a fun run to watch.......for us anyway.

What will be interesting to see will be if Brady and Belichick split up will they be as successful.

I've always argued the Patriots success was built off the perfect coach, qb, ownership combination. If any one of those 3 were removed from the equation, the Patriots would have have NOT had as much success as they did

Unfortunately you are correct. It was a fun run to watch.......for us anyway.

What will be interesting to see will be if Brady and Belichick split up will they be as successful.

I've always argued the Patriots success was built off the perfect coach, qb, ownership combination. If any one of those 3 were removed from the equation, the Patriots would have have NOT had as much success as they did
Exactly it was like the perfect storm.

@Brdmn70 @Orion It's looking like TB is running out of gas, time to move on from him. If Belichick stays they'll be ok. He can plug in another QB and still compete in that division.
Ya their system is pretty much plug n play but Brady was an integral part they'll have to find someone who believes in Belichick like Brady did

@Brdmn70 @Orion It's looking like TB is running out of gas, time to move on from him. If Belichick stays they'll be ok. He can plug in another QB and still compete in that division.
If it were me writing the story, he would have retired after that historical Atlanta win, but then we wouldn't have seen #6 so what do I know.

I agree he has defied his time much longer that we would have expected, and it would appear the tank is nearly empty. It would have been nice to see him end with a win vs back to back games where he threw pick 6's. :(

It will be interesting to see how this off season shakes out for us.

Back