• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

on water glasses

Anything pretty dark and polarized works well imho. Prizm deep looks sweet though:cool:

@cory As stated by everyone Polarized is a must imo and deep water polarized is a perfect lens for your needs
The reason you should prefer a good polarized lens at sea is that you can see through the water (because the glare is blocked), or atleast you can see better through the water than if you where not wearing polarized lenses. This is quite crucial because in rocky areas you can spot the danger and pass through

If you're doing anything on the plane - in a fast boat, Polarised will give you trouble, without doubt. As a helmsman you need to see the surface not whats under it. No pro boat driver will ever use Polarised, unless they want a crash. Its worth mentioning that i am a professional waterman who's career is on the water, so I talk from 30 years of experience of on water activity - sailing instructor, day skipper, windsurf instructor, powerboat instructor, surf instructor, kayak instructor, canoe instructor and swim teacher by trade. :D

Last edited:
@cory As stated by everyone Polarized is a must imo and deep water polarized is a perfect lens for your needs
The reason you should prefer a good polarized lens at sea is that you can see through the water (because the glare is blocked), or atleast you can see better through the water than if you where not wearing polarized lenses. This is quite crucial because in rocky areas you can spot the danger and pass through

You should be using admiralty charts or Navionics so you know the bathymetry before you go buzzing around.

Thank you all. I think I have the model in mind with the mentioned qualities that many of you have recommended. I am hoping I can find an Oakley dealer to try them on, etc., this weekend.

My knee jerk is to just order them online and be done but with my luck I will send back 1-2 pair before I find the right size.

Thanks again!

As a Oakley newbie myself, I was in the same boat. The ones I almost ordered online didn't fit me well at all when I tried them on in the store. Definitely try before you buy and try on every single pair you can get your hands on.

Latest Posts

Back