• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Penny Help

They look good.... I suspect that weird haze is one of 2 things. Some lenses get a dirt film on them from sitting around for long periods of time. They can be cleaned with a microfiber Oakley cloth and lotsa lens cleaner ( I know I have done it) Then again someone had used a strong mixture of alcohol in there lens cleaning soltion and cause a "bite" into the lens coating. I saw this also happen once, and its permanent.

Hmmm... i'll try cleaning it when i get home. I won't rub TOO hard though :tongue:

To be more specific, the haze looks more like a stain from hard water. It just doesn't wipe away with the microfiber alone. I haven't tried water either, but again, won't do that until i get home.

Hmmm... i'll try cleaning it when i get home. I won't rub TOO hard though :tongue:

To be more specific, the haze looks more like a stain from hard water. It just doesn't wipe away with the microfiber alone. I haven't tried water either, but again, won't do that until i get home.

Trust me on this.... Use an Oakley microfiber cloth or bag (I have the 12" square silver one they put out) Use there lens solution, and don't be afraid to rub the cloth on them between your thumb and forefinger . USE SOME PRESSURE!!!!!!! I cleaned up a pair of black gradient lenses that had a haze on them and you would swear they were new. I thought for sure these lenses were going in the trash. Just give it a try.

sweet deal man. as logn as they are authentic oakley lenses (not goggles that were custom cut), it should be fine. i have a couple of pennys myself (emerald and ruby that are custom cut and hydrophobic) and are awesome with the matching earsocks. the value of these keep going up so you got a sweet deal.

Yep, they are some nice lookin Penny's. I have the same ones! :biggrin: Mine came with the original lens tho. The "PB" in the serial number means it originally came with Black Iridium lenses. I'd be inclined to hunt down an original set of lenses, just to add to the authenticity of them, but that's just me.

Nice pick up!

congrats SpliceD . . . i think it's pretty cool that they have "RX lenses" in there!
great find dude.

Thanks guys. I just tried the lens cleaner and rubbing the sh!t out of it and the weird haze is still there. It almost seems like it's underneath the iridium coating. Maybe a manufacturing flaw? Again, it doesn't hinder vision. Just more annoying for me since i'm really OCD about my stuff.

Asking price on these were $180. He was also selling a pair of Pearl/Fire Mag Switch for $100. I had talked him down to $250 for both, but when i saw the Mags, the lenses had a bunch of scratches on them. The frame was in fair condition. No major flaking, but there was some discoloration from use and there were spots where the base color of the frame was starting to show. I passed on those. So instead i threw out $160 and he took. Aftermarket lenses on ebay seem easy to come by.

I think i got a good deal for a pair of glasses i will never wear :tongue: Will likely put them up for sale or trade after the new year. For now, they look nice sitting in my display :cool:

Thanks guys. I just tried the lens cleaner and rubbing the sh!t out of it and the weird haze is still there. It almost seems like it's underneath the iridium coating. Maybe a manufacturing flaw? Again, it doesn't hinder vision. Just more annoying for me since i'm really OCD about my stuff.

Asking price on these were $180. He was also selling a pair of Pearl/Fire Mag Switch for $100. I had talked him down to $250 for both, but when i saw the Mags, the lenses had a bunch of scratches on them. The frame was in fair condition. No major flaking, but there was some discoloration from use and there were spots where the base color of the frame was starting to show. I passed on those. So instead i threw out $160 and he took. Aftermarket lenses on ebay seem easy to come by.

I think i got a good deal for a pair of glasses i will never wear :tongue: Will likely put them up for sale or trade after the new year. For now, they look nice sitting in my display :cool:

Hmmmm, sorry about the lenses dude.... I would have passed on the Mag Switch also. I picked mine up for $130 and it was flawless..... You can still buy the Mag Switches from this excellent seller on Ebay. They are worth buying and he has alot of them......

$160 for Penny's I would have got them too. My first pair I paid close to $300. BNIB So $160 is a bargain especially at there going rate now. Good pick up!!!!

Latest Posts

Back