• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Plasma/Ice Juliet

mjt42

I am Jim Jannard...
Premium Member
UK
Just picked up the pair at the front of the picture - are they 'bone' finish or normal 1st gen?

My other plasmas' are behind for comparison (but they are 3rd gen)....

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
d19509abde68934a11565787f68f5aac.jpg

Last edited:
Are all of them the bone finish really!? Because I've seen they are all more matte, but the real bone finish looks more rough like I previously mentioned.
The very same. Usually it will depend on the cleanliness of the piece in question - mostly due to age and condition, but yes 1st gen has the smooth texture to it and the white appearance of bone.

I still think there are more rough finishes that have grooves like bone, not from poor handling, just in the early low serials.

But I'll take your word for it if no one else agrees with me hehe.

I still think there are more rough finishes that have grooves like bone, not from poor handling, just in the early low serials.

But I'll take your word for it if no one else agrees with me hehe.
The rough finish I think you're referring to is the surface of the frame created by the sand casting method, as opposed to the later and smoother lost wax technique. This created unique traits which are likely what you have encountered.