• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Please help me to identify these frames.

Oakley_The_Dog

Oakley Beginner
France
Hi guys, as I said in presentation area, I have an Oakley collection and I will need some helps about prices (I've read the rules and I won't use this forum to sell anything) and frames's names.

I'm taking some pictures (long job) and I don't know what is this model (?)

Can someone tell me ?

20170622_Monture-inconnue_calque03.jpg

20170622_Monture-inconnue_calque04.jpg
20170622_Monture-inconnue_calque05.jpg

Hi. Thanx a lot, I never heard this name before.
Some years ago, few models didn't have their name on them (It's a known case for old Minutes ans Fives for example).

Closed file for this one but I have others soon ;-)

These ones are special. If I'm correct, it's a military product based on M-Frame.
In the box, there is 3 screens : White, Black and strange yellow.
On the yellow one, there is the text "820 - 850nm 1064nm OD>4" It looks like a laser screen.
The lenses are a little bit thicker than normal lenses and there is a hole on the topthat normal M-Frames lenses doesn't have.

I did some searches and I think it's a "SI Ballistic M Frame" but I can't find if it's 2.0 or 3.0.
However, I don't find any package over the web with the laser lens to have an idea of the price. Probably this full combo with this lens is rare.

So if you have more info, it's welcome. (Sorry for my English language not native).

20170622_IsItMilitary_01.jpg
20170622_IsItMilitary_02.jpg
20170622_IsItMilitary_03.jpg
20170622_IsItMilitary_04.jpg
20170622_IsItMilitary_05.jpg
20170622_IsItMilitary_06.jpg
20170622_IsItMilitary_07.jpg
20170622_IsItMilitary_08.jpg

It seems to be impossible to own this kind of lens.
On OakleySI website, I can read :

*Restricted Products Disclaimer:
Laser lenses are controlled under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)

Strange because anyone can order laser lenses (except Oakley's branded) around the world easily.
Then, perhaps it's only a kind of marketing strategy or I am now aware that I am an offender cause I own this :sad:

If someone has a better explanation...

Latest Posts

Back