• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Please suggest some Oakleys based on my needs...

nad12

Oakley Beginner
Hi,
I'm a sunglasses novice and intend to purchase some Oakleys in the sales, however I need to pick your brains on which will suit my needs best.

Frame:
I will be using them to Run, Cycle, Walk, Play Golf, and Driving. For this reason I need them to be sporty and stay on my head but smart if I can have it too.
Of the frames I tried it was the Half Jacket 2.0 XL (62 15 133) that suited me the best. The standard lenses didn't suit me. I have a manly face so need bigger sunglasses/lenses than someone with a small face. The XL lenses were better the on the Half Jackets 2.0.
I'm interested in the Flak Jacket 1.0. I understand the HJ 2.0 and FJ 1.0 are equal in size. It sounds like the HJ 1.0 will be too small and the FJ 2.0 have arms that protrude out a little which to me doesn't look smart.

Can I ask what are your views for my needs between the Half Jacket 2.0 XL and the Flak Jacket 1.0 XLJ?

Lenses:
Non-Polarized vs Polarized vs Prizm -- I am aware that certain lenses are better for certain activities but which one lens is the best all-rounder for all my activities (Run, Cycle, Walk, Play Golf, Driving)?
If I don't need the fancy lenses then I'll save some money and go with the basic lens but if there is a noticeable difference then I'll pay the extra?

I only intend to buy a single pair so I would like your suggestions on which pair will cover my needs best? I would like the pair to best a robust pair as I would like them to last a few years, so the lenses and frame construction should be a durable one.

Thank you so much in advance - Merry Christmas!!

Last edited:
Flak 2.0, Prizm Road XL

Welcome!

Realized you wrote you didn’t like them. Radars and Radarlocks are solid too. I see a lot of people wearing them as everyday pairs

Last edited:
The money savings for Prizm vs regular is about $30, IIRC. Polarized vs nonpolarized is about that much, you'll have to study that out. So you have to decide whether that is worth it to you.

Sent from Q's S8+

Between the half jacket 2.0 and the flak jacket, I’d say go with the 2.0 for this reason:

The 2.0 is a newer production and still has earsocks, lenses, frames, the whole 9 yards still being produced. The flak jacket is reduced to a bare minimum and should you wish to change your needs or styles for the frame to accommodate later down the road, it would be more difficult should you go with the flak jacket. I would say don’t be afraid to branch out and try the EV, give yourself another option.

Back