• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Polarized or non-polarized lens?

Is there really a big difference between the two?

Ya polarized lenses are garbage. It just puts another unnatural layer of film inbetween your eyes and the world.

Only fools get upsold on polarized being better. They really arent unless youre out on the water on a bright day and there is lots of glare from the water

I disagree, but to each their own. I notice a huge difference when driving during the day, or during my commute driving into the sun. It eliminates any glare from the inside of your windshield and coming off of other cars as well.

I would suggest just trying both pairs on and looking around, it really comes down to a preference thing.

Found this to help explain what i mean:

maxresdefault.jpg

I disagree, but to each their own. I notice a huge difference when driving during the day, or during my commute driving into the sun. It eliminates any glare from the inside of your windshield and coming off of other cars as well.

I would suggest just trying both pairs on and looking around, it really comes down to a preference thing.

Its placebo man. Theyve convinced millions of people that polarized is better. It has an extra layer of protection and it costs more. So it MUST be better! Ita all in your head.

Back