• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Polarized or non-polarized lens?

Polarization is just a tool. It's good for some things, and mediocre or disruptive in other contexts. In general, polarization adds specialization to a lens, at the cost of versatility. I wear non-polarized lenses far more often, but I usually have a polarized option ready to go for those conditions where it excels.

I don't know why, but I get triggered every time someone pisses all over polarized lenses. In the end, everyone has different perception. What works or is "best" for you may be utter trash for someone else. I love me some gold iridium lenses, but the only pair I have right now is non-polarized. I can't wear them often, because when I do drive... it's for 5-7 hours a day and every glare is a piercing needle that extends from my retina through the back of my skull.

Back during the end of winter, I tried to take some pictures to illustrate the conditions to which I was subjected. They didn't exactly turn out, but I hope you can see that nearly every surface for as far as the eye can see... nothing but glare.

20190321_160418.jpg
20190321_155932.jpg

It is all a matter of preference - or needs of the moment.

Latest Posts

Back