• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Polarized or non-polarized lens?

I guess it comes down to what you prefer. Personally I like polarised, especially if I’m driving and it’s sunny but has been raining (this happens a lot in the north west of England!) but my prescription lenses aren’t polarised and other than specific situations I don’t see that much difference. Sometimes I think it comes down to lens colour as much as anything!

I use them to cut down the glare and thought they were great for golf but my cousin showed me different lenses for that and its night and day. If you have alot of glaze polorized is the way to go but if it's just the sun then non will work just fine

So when do we add Prizm to this debate

Debate? Not sure about others, but the Prizm Black polarized on my Carbon shift are the best lenses I've ever owned. Followed by my Prizm daily polarized and my Prizm Ruby polarized.

I have a prizm deep water polarized Flak 2.0 XL custom on the way from Oakley so I'm excited to give those a go.

I find no functional difference between them.
(Beyond that some tints ( Fire...Gold...Ice...?) have lower visible light transmission when polarized).

If you’ve driven a Toyota sedan over the previous 10yrs, you’ll understand why polarized is a preferred choice when driving. Or been out in the open water. Otherwise, meh.

Its placebo man. Theyve convinced millions of people that polarized is better. It has an extra layer of protection and it costs more. So it MUST be better! Ita all in your head.

Is it the same for Polariod cameras?!??

Polarized for me. It takes the glare out of asphalt and makes the roads like a matte almost flat black. It is especially helpful in the winter when everything is wet and melting after a snowstorm when the sun comes out. I dont have any problems reading displays and such.

I have done a switcharoo and with non polar and black asphalt roads still had glare. I put polar on and instant flat black.. so there is a difference and it does work but i guess not for everyone.

Back