• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Polished TB1 Cannon red: good buy?

delarscuevas

I should Work at Oakley
Netherlands
Hello,

I really love the design of the TB1. Now I found this Cannon Red TB1... which the current owner has had polished!

tb red 1.jpg
tb red 2.jpg
tbred 3.jpg

Seller claims:
  1. The crystal is free from scratches.
  2. The capacitor mechanism is working well and has not been changed.
  3. He does not have extra links (judging by this topic, three seem to have been removed in total, but I am small-wristed anyway ).
  4. serial number has dissapeared during polishing.
  5. wrist pad are missing (obviously).

I think it looks gorgeous and I seriously consider buying it. Asking for more pics and papers first. Some questions though:
  1. For what I found here, there has not been a fake TB1 yet. As far as I can judge, it looks legit. Am I missing something?
  2. Is this a first gen, or the updated one, how do I tel the difference (couldn't find it here), and which one's better?
  3. Does anybody have a manual on shortening the wrist band? (couldn't find it here neither)
  4. Seller wants $450 for it, including the vault. Don't know yet if this is negotiable. Is that a fair price?
  5. Anything else?
Cheers! Lars

Last edited:
This looks really nice. With the vault, it feels broadly on the money price-wise, espec since it’s a red TB1.

As for shortening the wristband, just remove one or more of the regular sized links until you get the basic fit. Then you can fine tune the fit by adjusting the pins on either side of the clasp.

The direction for removing the pins in indicated on the links themselves (see pic). As for the rubber tabs, I don’t miss them that much and temperature-wise my TB1’s feel cooler on my wrist without them.

Hope this helps.

9701f32c14d86b90ec776311d1855bc6.jpg
73de38dac52cf666c9e2a0efedb8b035.jpg
18d52ac903bfa4fbc15157349e95ae68.jpg

Latest Posts

Back