• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Post Pictures Of Your Knives And Sunglasses

This is a Fujiwara Katana, from the 17th century. If you got $12K to spend as an investment...not a bad idea. An no...I am not worthy of owning such a blade. Steel has been folded 16X (after 20...there is no difference). These blades should be kept in the family, if not to the clans where they originated from. I think one of the largest collectors in the world of these types of katanas happens to be Steven Seagal. I know he has one of the largest guitar collections...I have seen his display, OUT OF THIS WORLD!!

View attachment 202532 View attachment 202533 View attachment 202534
Karate, or Kung Fu?! Hwaaaaaaaaaa!!!!:assassin:

No love for Emerson??? Emerson Mini Commander:

IMG_3306.jpg

No love for Emerson??? Emerson Mini Commander:
CQC-7 (a few styles), CQC-14, Micro Commander, Mini Commander, A100, SOCFK, EDC-2. have all adorned my pocket. I have a few packed in my desk that need new homes, the price and the grind angle just make it too hard for me to maintain without investing in a good sharpening system. Everything else I can keep respectably shaving sharp, not Ernie's preferred grind though - it's for field expediency, and I get that, just doesn't work for me.

[Sorry for the cr@ppy photog skills]

These are three of my swords. All are fully functional blades of high carbon steel, forged, tempered, and razor sharp. The top blade is a San Mai construction with folded steel on the outer layers and differentially tempered; it also has an antique iron tsuba.
View attachment 92619

View attachment 92621

View attachment 92620

View attachment 92622
I thought the bottom two were bokken first, until the photo with them drawn.

I thought the bottom two were bokken first, until the photo with them drawn.

Traditionally a blade when not in use is removed from the koshirae and stored in a plain shirasaya, as shown in the post that follows my earlier ones. But those are not shirasaya, they're similar looking "hidden" mountings... Not really practical in combat but attractive and still good for beheading zombies...

Traditionally a blade when not in use is removed from the koshirae and stored in a plain shirasaya, as shown in the post that follows my earlier ones. But those are not shirasaya, they're similar looking "hidden" mountings... Not really practical in combat but attractive and still good for beheading zombies...
Look much better ready for use with tsuba, tsuka and samegawa though :) And all the other parts I can never remember!

Back