• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Prescription lenses

Anthony1980

Oakley Beginner
If I have Oakleys and want prescription lens put in and I send them to Oakley with the prescription obviously would they be able to do that? Thanks. I’ve heard they can and it’s a lot cheaper than say Lens Crafters which won’t even do it that way.

Dont think you can just "send them" to the lab. Gotta work through an Oakley store, and with the current in store promotions is cheaper to buy a whole new pair with prescription than just lenses. Doesn't make sense but that's how it is. You can also geat lenses cut from @Chris A Hardaway, he has great options and pricing

If I have Oakleys and want prescription lens put in and I send them to Oakley with the prescription obviously would they be able to do that? Thanks. I’ve heard they can and it’s a lot cheaper than say Lens Crafters which won’t even do it that way.
Also dependent on your prescription and frame.

It depends on how old your frame is. If it is too old, Oakley won't be creating lenses for it anymore unfortunately.

I ordered lens replacements through SportRx. I had to ship the frames to them, and they send them to Oakley who installs the Rx lenses and ships them back to me. It was a little less than $300 for Prizm lenses which is unfortunately pretty standard. Plus shipping, obviously. I have not yet received the frames back so I can't speak to the quality but it is definitely a lengthy process.

The frames were the old Gauge 8 M which are no longer produced (Gauge 6 replaced the medium 8's).

I ordered lens replacements through SportRx. I had to ship the frames to them, and they send them to Oakley who installs the Rx lenses and ships them back to me. It was a little less than $300 for Prizm lenses which is unfortunately pretty standard. Plus shipping, obviously. I have not yet received the frames back so I can't speak to the quality but it is definitely a lengthy process.

The frames were the old Gauge 8 M which are no longer produced (Gauge 6 replaced the medium 8's).
$300 is a good deal for Oakley lenses!

I have gotten Costco to do prescription lenses for me. I bought some Rx frames direct from Oakley online then took them into Costco. I've got them to do my Rx for Pitchman, Pitchman R & Frogskins. Not Oakley lenses but decent enough for me for everyday wear. I don't think my local Costco will do this anymore. As I understand too I may have lucked out a bit in that some Oakley frames have an atypical/weird bezel that the average lens cutter may not be able to handle. I'm thinking Ti Bar might be such a frame.

I have gotten Costco to do prescription lenses for me. I bought some Rx frames direct from Oakley online then took them into Costco. I've got them to do my Rx for Pitchman, Pitchman R & Frogskins. Not Oakley lenses but decent enough for me for everyday wear. I don't think my local Costco will do this anymore. As I understand too I may have lucked out a bit in that some Oakley frames have an atypical/weird bezel that the average lens cutter may not be able to handle. I'm thinking Ti Bar might be such a frame.
usually places like Costco can do Oakley RX frames no problem, but not Oakley sunglass frames. Surprised they did frogskins for you

You'd have to go around and see which opticians in your area are Oakley authorized to do Rx.
With that said, if you manage to find one and have a fairly recent pair of frames, you'll get official Oakley Rx lenses installed. If not, they might be able to do their own in-house lenses for you, but will not be official Oakley Rx.

I'd recommend working with SportRx. I recieved my sunglasses with the new lenses and they are indeed authentic Oakley Rx lenses. SportRx was also great to work with and were even able to honor a last minute lens color change. I ordered Prizm Black but called them and asked if I could do Prizm Grey instead. They have direct communication with Oakley and will make sure you're taken care of.

Latest Posts

Back