• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Prizm Road lens in the fall. Simply magnificent. Small review.

robertwills

Oakley Beginner
I got the Prizm Road over a month ago. And I'm glad I did. Beautiful fall colors are now here in the rural Northeast US. It's a very late foliage this year. Still lots of trees have been in color the last few weeks. There are brilliant reds, oranges, yellows and maroons here. Fields of corn and weeds have their own beautiful shades of brown and yellow. With the Prizm Road lens on it is simply enjoyable and magnificent to look at.

The lens, at least to me, blocks out certain light frequencies and enhances others. The environment becomes brighter with a rose hue and slightly darker at the same time. Contrast is also noticeable improved. When looking at trees in the distance with the naked eye you certainly can see colors and definition but put the Prizm road on and immediately yellows and reds jump out. You see the depth of the trees. You definitely see more than without the lens.

Lens clarity is perfect. Crystal clear. No optical distortion. I tried some else's sunglasses on recently. They bought them from a decent department store. The optical distortion was immediately apparent. Personally I would not wear these for anything!

I want to add that while this lens really makes a difference it is not "awe inspiring" or "earth shattering" or anything like that. The lens is something that has added definite enjoyment to my life, makes me look forward to going outside, gives me that edge and has even been vital in helping me spot hazards on the road quicker. I have spotted snakes in my path that I might not have otherwise seen as quickly or at all!

I made a small review for the Prizm Road lens and the M2 Frame XL that you can read here below. It's part of a larger review for running shoes. You may want to take a look at that review as these shoes and the sunglasses go together and provide an amazing synergy.

Review of the Oakley Prizm Road lens:

Other quality running related products - MizunoWaveParadox4Review

Last edited:
Back