• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Prizm Snow

another question what is the difference between prizm baseball infield and outfield? any difference in base color?

Ya, infield is more of a mocha base tint and baseball Outfield is more of a magenta and very red base tint. Prizm Trail is actually my favorite new fall and winter lens in various conditions and trails. But like @Ventruck said it isn't the best for Bright Days I would go toward a polarized lens for that.

Just for comparison I included an image that references all the tint an light transmission info for Prizm lenses
Prizm Info.png

Wow, that chart is rather enlightening. I was thinking about trying the Prizm Trail lens in a pair of EV Zeros over the road, I've heard much about the Trail's contrast and defining details...but that light transmission percentage is a cause for concern. My default cycling lens is Fire Iridium and I switch with G26 depending on conditions.

Going from 16% to 36% may be an issue for me with those Trails...

Thanks for the chart here, @MicahS

Yes 36% is too light... Its surely good for overcast days, rainy days... It also gives the world a rusty look..i have never tried trail so i can not tell about it..its close in light transmission prizm golf which is at 30%... i have that in radar ev pitch but it's really not that much suitable for bright days it is surely good for cloudy days...i have both fire and G26..both works pretty fine but still want to try trail only for its contrast and defining details in Changing conditions. I hope it will not be much of an issue in bright days..

Prizm trail is pretty much like HI Persimmon. But i think it is much better in providing contrast than HI Persimmon.It also closely related to vr28 blue iridium because of that brown base but vr28 blue is at 15% whereas it is 36%.but still it will be not that bad in bright sunny days.

Latest Posts

Back